Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Install leopard 10.5.1 on IBM intel PC?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Install leopard 10.5.1 on IBM intel PC?
    Just curious but i have been told that you can install leopard 10.5.1 on a intel pc. has anyone tried or know if its true. I have a IBM lenovo core 2 duo pc i would like to try it on. Just looking for input before i buy leopard.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

yea. you can do it. go to osx86 for mor einfo on it

you need to have the correct hardware to build your hackintosh machine it wont work with all hardware .. and. its very buggy.. its cool, i mean i built one from scratch and it works its just you have to be cautious when ther eis a firmware update it might wipe out your system.. but to tell you the truth.. it runs a million times faster on pc hardware.. wierd how windows runs better on macs and osx faster on pc's ..

you should try IATKOS . they made an easy to install osx intel pc disc..

check it out

oh and you cant just buy leaopard and install it.. you need to crack it.. the kalyway prepation cd i think lets you do it..

just go to osx86 project for more info
    Last edited by solarseed; 2008-05-09 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to solarseed For This Useful Post:

JAG2621 (2008-05-09)

There's also kalyway and Leo4Allv3 was just released.

Just google those and you'll get plenty of results.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bklynjava For This Useful Post:

JAG2621 (2008-05-09)

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    Just curious but i have been told that you can install leopard 10.5.1 on a intel pc. has anyone tried or know if its true. I have a IBM lenovo core 2 duo pc i would like to try it on. Just looking for input before i buy leopard.
    I have installed Leopard on one of my notebooks - Lenovo T60, Intel Centrino Duo with 2 GB RAM
    I would suggest get a modded DVD from a reputed torrent site - there are many floating around.

Only thing I can't that doesn't work on my Hackintosh is WiFi due to lack of driver support.

I walked the Kalyway road and have now a dual boot Win XP/ Leo 10.5.2 computer.

Worked without any problems.

But I ordered a Mac because the feeling isnīt the same- itīs like playing console games on an emulator on your computer...
    If I could help you with my answer give me a

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I used Leo4allv3 and had good results except it did not work with nic on motherboard and had to put in a card but it worked afterwards. So far so good. I just wanted to make that my iphone computor. I installrd on seperate hard drive and what boot manager would be good to use as i just go into bios and chosse the hard drive to boot off of (xp or mac). Boot camp does not seem to be working.

I am new to the mac experiance so i have a lot to learn
    Last edited by JAG2621; 2008-05-12 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks

When you install, dont use Case-Sensitive Journal. Use the one thats not case-sensitive.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro