Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any of you have this?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Default Any of you have this?
    So im thinking about maybe getting this as another phone. Any of you guys have one or used one. Its been getting amazing reviews

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/1...e-atandt-tilt/

I've had an HTC Hermes a while back. They are well built phones. Only problem is they are running WinDoze. Other than that, go for it.

Ohhh, thats like the new Mogul, with TILT??? Oh maaan. Honestly, I had alot of stability issues with my Treo when installing third party applications. PLUS, they cost money, unless you enjoy stealing...
    Just stick with OSX and you'll be happy.

Reako

What did you expect, Reako? Windows users have stability problems just by running a virgin copy of Windows. Be it Mobile, XP, etc.

I've used the HTC Kaiser / AT&T Tilt and it is a great phone. I still prefer the iPhone for day to day, however.
    Pros of the HTC:
    1. WM6 with active sync allows corporate push e-mail, corporate address lookup (e-mail addresses and phone numbers if set up on server), 100% sync of e-mail, contacts, calendar and tasks.
    2. Full keyboard (although I can type 80% as fast on the iPhone as this device).
    3. 3G data speeds (mainly usefull for streaming video or teathering)
    4. GPS built in. Takes google maps to the next level.
    5. Visual indicators for missed calls, new e-mail, BT status, etc.
    6. Camera is much better. Video capture, zoom, lighting adjustment, etc.
    7. Stereo Bluetooth
    8. More hard keys, for those who like pressing buttons.

Cons of the HTC:
    1. BIG and heavy. Twice as thick and about 20grams heavier. Deal breakers for me....
    2. Touch Screen is not as sensative as the iPhone.
    3. Spending all of your spare time trying to get the damn thing to do what you want.....

Comes down to what you want for a phone.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2manyphones View Post
    I've used the HTC Kaiser / AT&T Tilt and it is a great phone. I still prefer the iPhone for day to day, however.
    Pros of the HTC:
    1. WM6 with active sync allows corporate push e-mail, corporate address lookup (e-mail addresses and phone numbers if set up on server), 100% sync of e-mail, contacts, calendar and tasks.
    2. Full keyboard (although I can type 80% as fast on the iPhone as this device).
    3. 3G data speeds (mainly usefull for streaming video or teathering)
    4. GPS built in. Takes google maps to the next level.
    5. Visual indicators for missed calls, new e-mail, BT status, etc.
    6. Camera is much better. Video capture, zoom, lighting adjustment, etc.
    7. Stereo Bluetooth
    8. More hard keys, for those who like pressing buttons.

Cons of the HTC:
    1. BIG and heavy. Twice as thick and about 20grams heavier. Deal breakers for me....
    2. Touch Screen is not as sensative as the iPhone.
    3. Spending all of your spare time trying to get the damn thing to do what you want.....

Comes down to what you want for a phone.
    thanks this was exactly the type of review i was looking for, someone who isnt biased

Just read the posted reviews and compare what the Haves/Have nots are compared to the iPhone. Then go to the store and mess around a little. You'll come to your senses

Reako