Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some advice, iPhone ruined...

Default Need some advice, iPhone ruined...
    Well, today I wanted to jam out to my music, and plugged my iphone on my dock. Well, it came up like normal and asked me if I wanted to go into airplane mode, and I clicked yes like always. But the minute I hit the play button, the screen went white. I rebooted about 3 times, and the white went away. Then WiFi stopped working. So I plugged it in into the computer and it restarted. Nothing was working, so I figured I would try a restore. I restored the phone, but about 99% of the way through it stopped and said "Unknown error 1011" or some number close to that. Now it stays black and only starts to restore but then messes up. I'm not sure what to go about doing, I do have 3rd party apps on the phone. I don't know if they would be able to see them, or not because of the 3 failed restores. I am very confused right now

Whoops, wrong section. I just noticed I was in chitchat now, could someone pleases move this. Thanks.
    Last edited by agentfubu; 2007-11-03 at 11:29 PM.
    Thanks,
    Matt

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

try to restore again

put it in the dock (on the computer) and hold the home and sleep buttons for thirty seconds until the phone shows please connect to itunes

if that doesnt work, take it back to apple... if it doesnt turn on they wont be able to see your third party apps
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    try to restore again

put it in the dock (on the computer) and hold the home and sleep buttons for thirty seconds until the phone shows please connect to itunes

if that doesnt work, take it back to apple... if it doesnt turn on they wont be able to see your third party apps
    Thanks for replying. I have tried going into restore mode, but to no avail. Now the screen stays black but the computer recognizes it. It's like it's permanently stuck in restore mode.
    I was also thinking the same thing about the thrid party apps, but if somehow it was something simple like a bad battery, and it started right up for them, what would happen. I just have to wait and see what happens, I'm trying one thing right now.