Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How long batteries last?

Default How long batteries last?
    Hi there,
    First of all I never turn off my phones, any I had.
    I implemented SSH turn off technique and don't use it much anyway. Few SMS messages, here and there phone call. If I completely charge it on Monday and take it off the charger at noon, by Wed. afternoon I get 20% warning and by Thu. morning it's just red line, needs re-charge immediately. So that gives me 2 1/2 days of useful life.
    Hate to mention, old blue Blackberry went 6-7 days easily making charging one a week event.
    What kind of battery life experience do you have...?

Thanks
    Zack

2 1/2 day is normal for regular usage 4-6 hrs ipod and browsing.lcd drain 80% of yor bat
    so if you browse a lot it wont last you a day

why would you want it to last more than 2 1/2 days that would be fine, just charge it when its almost dead

I am in Canada, so there is no browsing here (not at Rogers "we skin you" rates). So from my quite light usage I would say that heavier user will have only day or day and half of usage. If battery is good for about 400 cycles in about year you will need new one, right?

if I am on the internet for more then an hour, say goodbye, I probably only get another 4-5 hours of life on the damn thing.

I can get about 7 hours of constant use, but it looks even worse when you have just had a blackberry...

After reading this I would say that I am OK with 2 1/2 days. Thanks for response.

Zack

wifi kills your battery I turn mine off sometimes now

Mine is going on its 4th day with about 1/4 power left in the battery. Mind you, I dont use all the functions on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackP View Post
    I am in Canada, so there is no browsing here (not at Rogers "we skin you" rates). So from my quite light usage I would say that heavier user will have only day or day and half of usage. If battery is good for about 400 cycles in about year you will need new one, right?
    Im pretty sure it has more cycles than that. Dont quote me, maybe I read it wrong.
    Last edited by Xarra1972; 2007-11-05 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My WiFi is off all the time. I heard it drains battery. I don't know how can you get 4 days out of it unless you turn it to airplane mode over nights (I don't do that).

I turn my phone off at night And I dont have wifi on all the time, only when there is something out there I want to download.