Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help in deciding laptop

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

If all of these versions of windows weren't push on one then maybe some people would think different about windows... but each and everytime we are stuck with what he has to offer no matter if we want to move up or not... instead of being able to pick the one we liked the best...

Vista will sell well, because the world doesn't have a choice, in reality this is true if your a windows person... )

And don't get me wrong... I have always been a windows person right from the start... but since Vista came out I would have to learn it and get the feel for it.... I just don't think its performance is that great at this time and I am not ready to move up since there will be nothing for XP soon....
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2008-04-24 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    If all of these versions of windows weren't push on one then maybe some people would think different about windows... but each and everytime we are stuck with what he has to offer no matter if we want to move up or not... instead of being able to pick the one we liked the best...

Vista will sell well, because the world doesn't have a choice, in reality this is true if your a windows person... )

And don't get me wrong... I have always been a windows person right from the start... but since Vista came out I would have to learn it and get the feel for it.... I just don't think its performance is that great at this time and I am not ready to move up since there will be nothing for XP soon....
    i said the exact same thing before i've experienced the vista ultimate x64.
    now i currently own an overclocked quad core system 4gb ram and quite frankly, windows never gave up to me (knock on wood).

but its that last quote in parenthesis that does the difference... u never know with windows.. just like the iphone.. you never know when it will start looping restarts, bsod (apple logo, spinning loading circle) so we're doomed to restores, formats, upgrades etc. for life..

macs are well known for their simplicity. windows are known for their capability.

3310 was well known for its simplicity. iphone, nokia n95 is known for its capability.

so again.. its a choice thing.. and just to break the whole seriousness of the thread

"choose your words (OS) wisely Persian (theetoothfairy), for they may be your last"
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

badangel (2008-04-24)

Thanks

it all comes down to this: both are not the best nor the worst.

I say "Experience the best of both worlds." Vista runs well on a Mac Pro so yeah. You can have a mac and windows on one comp. Use both, love both, be both. ;]

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiyo For This Useful Post:

stocis (2008-04-24)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyo View Post
    it all comes down to this: both are not the best nor the worst.

I say "Experience the best of both worlds." Vista runs well on a Mac Pro so yeah. You can have a mac and windows on one comp. Use both, love both, be both. ;]
    +1 on that. good thinking

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

That was the main reason I decided to give the Mac a try... love something new and then love something I have used for years.... Mac and Windows...

To be honest.... I will always be a windows person because our business uses windows.. and I will always need to go with the flow for it...

But for me... I would like both flavors please?

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

so if I am going to be doing a LOT of music recording and editing would a MacBook Pro be better than just a regular macbook?

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
    so if I am going to be doing a LOT of music recording and editing would a MacBook Pro be better than just a regular macbook?
    i believe so, yes. but if its too much recording/editing u should consider a mac desktop

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stocis For This Useful Post:

wareagle5693 (2008-04-25)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12