Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Wating for Directv

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Wating for Directv
    So ive been sitting around my house today since noon. I decided to make the switch from Charter cable (worst cable company ever) to Directv with all their HD channel goodness.

    Well they told me the dude that is going to install my what have you would be here between 12 and 4... its now 4:56... and noone has showed up yet. So im quite pissed right now... I called directv and they told me they had to call someone who had to call someone else who then would call me... they havent...

    This isnt a good start Directv!!
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

    Show your appreciation by using the button.

    Make.SURE.You.""

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    i worked for them for seven years, just recently got fired for refusing to climb 40 foot on to a crazy steep road.....f directv you dont want them....its really because i signed a petition to have the union come in.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    i worked for them for seven years, just recently got fired for refusing to climb 40 foot on to a crazy steep road.....f directv you dont want them....its really because i signed a petition to have the union come in.
    Well after spending the last 2 hours on the phone with directv and their contractors and with none of them giving me a straight answer on where the hell the install is or where my equipment is or even a phone call saying "sorry we are going to be late or we cant make it" Just waisted my entire Saturday... was supposed to go fishing with my brother and father... "oh sorry I cant make it I have to wait for the directv guy to install my stuff" Well apparently I was the moron in this situation.

    I guess screw it I think im going to cancel my directv account before it even gets started.

    Pardon the rant but im pretty pissed right now.
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

    Show your appreciation by using the button.

    Make.SURE.You.""

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Quakertown, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    dude same exact thing happened to me

    they said they would be here on a sat between 12 and 5 and well 5 came and went so i called and they said thier installer was going to be late and they would escalate the situation. They called me back and said that they would be there at like 7 or 8 and i figured "well my day was sucked up already why not" so 8 came and passed so i called again and they said they would reschedule the appointment and gave me a 100$ credit on my account!

    It sucks but i love my directtv just wish i would of got the HD DVR cause i miss my tivo now!

  5. #5
    you guys are lucky you guys have DirectTV.
    we are hella broke to afford cable and still watch TV using the antenna. ='/

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    dude same exact thing happened to me

    they said they would be here on a sat between 12 and 5 and well 5 came and went so i called and they said thier installer was going to be late and they would escalate the situation. They called me back and said that they would be there at like 7 or 8 and i figured "well my day was sucked up already why not" so 8 came and passed so i called again and they said they would reschedule the appointment and gave me a 100$ credit on my account!

    It sucks but i love my directtv just wish i would of got the HD DVR cause i miss my tivo now!
    HEY THE DUDE SHOWED UP!!!!!!! only 4 1/2 hours late!!! and during my phone calls they told me they would give me the $100 credit. Which is cool.

    and......... I got the HD DVR (the $100 credit will help off set the cost of it)

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZiePiNoy View Post
    you guys are lucky you guys have DirectTV.
    we are hella broke to afford cable and still watch TV using the antenna. ='/
    I wouldnt call it lucky... I put in alot of time at work for the things I have.
    Last edited by zoidberg md; 2007-10-28 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

    Show your appreciation by using the button.

    Make.SURE.You.""

  7. #7
    But, still.
    You guys get to earn money for satelite TV.
    while im waiting to get a job to get myself an iPod, computer and a DJ set.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    oh God......... its 2:39am PST... and the install dudes left @ midnight. Since then my DVR hasnt worked... HBO and the other pay channels wont come on, and the DVR has reset and upgraded itself twice. 3 different numbers I called told me that "I need to call back during business hours" and when I finally found a 24hr line I have been on hold for over an hour...

    I am throughly unimpressed with this entire get down! If it werent such a hassle to have them come back and unhook all this crap and rehook up my cable I would do it in a heart beat.
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

    Show your appreciation by using the button.

    Make.SURE.You.""

  9. #9
    Sorry to hear.
    that musta sucked on you..
    but when everything is alright now.
    you'll be able to chill and just watch all those HDquality things..
    and those "PayPerView" stuff, if you know what i mean. =]

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •