Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: From the heart

Default From the heart
    Ok so like i have been here awhile!! And by no means am i a expert!!
    But i have noticed sometihng and it has been on my mind. I first want to say that mmi was a god send for me when a started modding.. i remember the terminal days and thinking will it ever get better and it has!! And my personal thanks to those who helped me all the time cyber gregg,poetic, and also cash!! But it brings me to my thought.. I notice alot of people asking questions and some post go unanswered which happens but i think we r missing the real idea behind these sites.. They are here to help and guide others thru a tough process.. And yes there are alot of those who spen countless hrs of time money and resource to do what they can!! but i have talked to alot of people who feel like their ideas dont count or what they have is not as good as someone else's stuff.. i am not the best at this but i do have over 10 years of customer service and worked with the public alot and what matters the most is how people are treated determines if they stay. there are a absolute ton of sites that promise to help but how many really live up to that.. Even Steve Jobs takes time to respond to his consumers and he is pretty busy guy So i guess i am just saying that we have got this far by helping and i hope that it continues and we dont get away from what brought us to the dance..
    Again thanks mmi for all the help !!
    JayJaythemac

Thanks

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Well start answering questions then.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Well start answering questions then.
    lol!!

Default True
    true but i have pm alot of people offering help
    but i could step up more
    JayJaythemac

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

We have 60,000+ members here, and I am on here 10+ hours a day answering questions and making guides trying to help everyone out. We'd love as much help as we can get. Feel free to answer people's q's and create guides, the Wiki's are publicly editable!

No reason to PM folk for help if they have the same question many others have! The more publicly accessible information which people can garnish help from, the better, as long as it is kept organized.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2007-10-27 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks for the kind words JJ....

I feel that I must chime in here and by no means am I implying that you are doing this, however......

there seems to be some sort of entitlement issues here, like because we're here to help everyone is entitled to certain rights, etc. This is certainly not the case. I will only speak from my perspective as you already have poetic's input; I'm here to help, especially those that want to help themselves. Just because someone creates an MMi account doesn't get them 24 hour immediate tech support for their iPhone (although, there's a business model for your PF , like Experts Exchange, call it iPhone Experts...) sorry got sidetracked...

I see unreplied to posts and honestly, anyone can post a link to the guides to help a noob when they ask, in the theme section, how do they unlock their iPhone? That doesn't take a moderator, it takes an involved community and we, the community need to step it up or we run the risk of ending up like other phone modding sites where you ask one question that's been asked before and you're banned, or worse you get like 50 people replying telling you to search for your answer, yeah that's helpful

Okay, I'm done...., well talking about this... now I'm going to go help someone.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

+1 for greg.