Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make it like new! Or take it away!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavko View Post
    oh dear how can someone be so arogant and stubborn like zeal? He gets flamed for almost every syupid post he writes and he still keeps going futher. Ur really one little retarded sprat. Can u ever write anything normal or really only thing u care about is number of your post? U should think little about yourself coz u'll get banned very soon as i see it.
    He's an attention whore.

Thanks

As another "older girl" I have noticed there are more females on MMi than on the moto modding forums. Perhaps, its not that she "can't" she wants something different. For what its worth, I have modded several moto phones, 2 iphones including phones for the modding challenged men in my family, including custom skinning. I also mod cars and teach high performance driving. Dont show your ignorance by bringing gender into this.

Sometimes people want a simple phone to make and receive calls on. I happen to love my iPhone because in its current state, its practically a laptop in my pocket. Not everyone has this need and thats cool. One of the things I enjoy about the internet and modding communities is the general spirit of helpfulness. The occasional mean-spirited comment always makes me wonder what got the guy's panties in a bind.

How about we just ban Zeal and get back to the topic?

Thanks

Bye, Done with this thread.
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking now thats girl i would like to have :)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    As another "older girl" I have noticed there are more females on MMi than on the moto modding forums. Perhaps, its not that she "can't" she wants something different. For what its worth, I have modded several moto phones, 2 iphones including phones for the modding challenged men in my family, including custom skinning. I also mod cars and teach high performance driving. Dont show your ignorance by bringing gender into this.

Sometimes people want a simple phone to make and receive calls on. I happen to love my iPhone because in its current state, its practically a laptop in my pocket. Not everyone has this need and thats cool. One of the things I enjoy about the internet and modding communities is the general spirit of helpfulness. The occasional mean-spirited comment always makes me wonder what got the guy's panties in a bind.
    Lol i might start new thread: "will trade my g/f for you" j/k but i really wish my gf would be more of technic like ur. I got her iphone too and she loves it but as a regular user, not much in a "geeky" way... So wanna trade?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

Zeal has earned himself a week vacation

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Broomhead (2008-04-17), DoerrFan (2008-04-17), gavko (2008-04-17), jwcrash (2008-05-04), mariotheotaku (2008-04-17), megadata (2008-04-18), Napoleon_PhoneApart (2008-04-17), pokekid (2008-04-17), PSP2006 (2008-04-17), Taniban (2008-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    IP changes are just pure awesome.
    Ya know just throwing this out but at other forums i've been at that they will call your ISP for abuse.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gavko's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Zeal has earned himself a week vacation
    Well done

Banned
    Thanks

no s***! What a F****** a**hole. Wish I cold meet him face to face so I could kick his girly A**! What a whinny little b****!

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank god. Someone had to do it sooner or later. Zeal was nothing just a spammer. But back on topic, you can just restore on iTunes to lock the phone again. Is it running the 3.9 BL by chance? If it is, then you may have a problem there.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Goodness! This thread turned into a bit of a bun fight, didn't it? :::wide eyes:::

Thanks people for helping me, it's really good of you. I've been saying to a friend how helpful you are on here, because believe it or not, this forum does appear quite intimidating for a new iphone user.

And I think Zeal misunderstood my initial comment, it's not that I can't USE the iphone (lol!) it's that, although I've unlocked it and added some apps, Summerboard (for instance) isn't working properly and I don't have the courage to start picking around in directories to try and get to grips with it. I've got an ipod and a computer, so...plus the darned iphone is so gorgeous, I honestly do worry about scratching it. Madness!

To Napolean: I live in Kent, about an hours outside Dover - wanna pop in for a cuppa?

Bhz1 - big up to you for flying the girly mod flag!

I've got to to go to Uni today, but I'll try and restore my phone when I get back....and work out what an 8525 is...is that a Nokia? :::grins at her hopelessness:::

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GinaP View Post
    Goodness! This thread turned into a bit of a bun fight, didn't it? :::wide eyes:::

Thanks people for helping me, it's really good of you. I've been saying to a friend how helpful you are on here, because believe it or not, this forum does appear quite intimidating for a new iphone user.

And I think Zeal misunderstood my initial comment, it's not that I can't USE the iphone (lol!) it's that, although I've unlocked it and added some apps, Summerboard (for instance) isn't working properly and I don't have the courage to start picking around in directories to try and get to grips with it. I've got an ipod and a computer, so...plus the darned iphone is so gorgeous, I honestly do worry about scratching it. Madness!

To Napolean: I live in Kent, about an hours outside Dover - wanna pop in for a cuppa?

Bhz1 - big up to you for flying the girly mod flag!

I've got to to go to Uni today, but I'll try and restore my phone when I get back....and work out what an 8525 is...is that a Nokia? :::grins at her hopelessness:::
    Heres almost what the 8525 looks like, the 8525 is the model up from this phone. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GVQ9bbgnQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Spb Mobile Shell 2.0: Device[/ame]

The video also shows the SPB interface.

Thanks so much Aiyo! I've restored my phone using your simple steps. It never asked me to click on 'set up as new iphone', but when it had finished it did say 'Welcome to your new iphone'...so I guess it's done it anyway. xx

Thanks for letting me see the 8525 Emerican, but I don't think I want another touch screen phone.

..........have you seen that the price of the iphone has been reduced from 269 to 169 by O2?

Thanks

Hi Gina not sure you wil be able to take it back as the only reasons you can are failed credit check or faulty. Maybe if you give them a ear full they will refund you lol. Let me know how it goes if you do try to return it.

I can totally see reason why some people would not love their iphone. I am not ONE of them (LOL) but I can imagine it happens. For instance it is not "fingernail friendly". Unlike the Ming, I cannot use my nails to touch/select. AND unlike my Ming, I cannot just pop out my stylus when it doesn't respond properly. If I had decent nails that would be a problem trying to select ANYTHING pretty much on the iphone. Luckily my nails are pretty short for a girl so this is not a problem for me. But imagine if you had a touchscreen phone and could not select anything! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Hi Gina not sure you wil be able to take it back as the only reasons you can are failed credit check or faulty. Maybe if you give them a ear full they will refund you lol. Let me know how it goes if you do try to return it.
    Aha Jam! I bought it over the phone from Carphone Warehouse, knowing that if I did that I would have a 14 day 'no questions asked' return...even for the reason that I didn't like it. It's the law.

Actually, I could return it, get 269 refund, then buy it again for their new price of 169 and make 100 on the deal...

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

haha thats a sweet deal.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gavko View Post
    Lol i might start new thread: "will trade my g/f for you" j/k but i really wish my gf would be more of technic like ur. I got her iphone too and she loves it but as a regular user, not much in a "geeky" way... So wanna trade?
    LOL! I'm middle-aged, married, with three teenagers, ages 18,17 and 14! Don't know what they'd all do without their resident modder.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Good for you girl....I been messing with mine for 7 months now and I still have X's in my eyes sometimes. I love my phone though!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GinaP View Post
    Aha Jam! I bought it over the phone from Carphone Warehouse, knowing that if I did that I would have a 14 day 'no questions asked' return...even for the reason that I didn't like it. It's the law.

Actually, I could return it, get 269 refund, then buy it again for their new price of 169 and make 100 on the deal...
    I hope your right, but am sure that they have a disclaimer on every till saying no return on iPhones unless for the reasons I stated earlier. As for the 100 pound you will get store credit for that amount in post. As for n82 nice phone I had one for a while, great camera but if u want something simple to use the interface I find is quite......err busy if u know what I mean LOL. Ask to try before u buy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast