Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Replacement

Exclamation iTunes Replacement
    I'm not a big fan of iTunes, in particular it's file management. I found the Zune Software from Microsoft to be a lot better. Anyone have any suggestions for an iTunes replacement?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamunda View Post
    I'm not a big fan of iTunes, in particular it's file management. I found the Zune Software from Microsoft to be a lot better. Anyone have any suggestions for an iTunes replacement?
    Zune? Now there's a monumental failure.

iTunes is Apple's pride and joy, I very much doubt they have any intentions of allowing it to be replaced with something else.

I gues what I should have said is alternative, not replacement.

Well, I have never heard of an alternatives considering over like.. one bajillion copys have been downloaded.

Good luck finding one though =]
    Proud MMi Retired Moderator.

On the alternatives side, I have been using MediaMonkey (Windows) for a few years now with my iPod's. I personally think it offers a much greater degree of control over your music library with scripting abilities etc.. Surely, the DEV community over there will/are looking at ensuring support for iPhone. If indeed they do, it would seem viable to me that they incoporate plug-ins / native support for additional iPhone features like Ringtones, Contacts, Calendars, etc.. I've not looked recently, but it might be worth looking at their forums there for wish lists.

Cheers,
    Atreides

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atreides For This Useful Post:

Gamunda (2007-10-26)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieFlincher View Post
    If you are looking for free iTunes alternatives, check this thread:

www.modmyi.com/forums/os-apps-development/2857-thoughts-about-itunes-replacement.html

Personally I am using the iTunes replacement freeware:

Use iPhone with Free iTunes Alternative
    Copytrans, again. Goodbye.

I second MM The only problem with MM is that it is Audio only. I wish that it could sync my videos but oh well :-).
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I found a copy of copy trans that's portable, but I'm on a restricted PC (work laptop) that I don't have admin. privileges on, is there a portable solution to the ipod touch drivers? I can't install anything. Thanks in advance.