Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MacBooks

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

Default MacBooks
    I couldn't think of any other place other than maybe macrumors.com to ask this question, so here goes: I'm thinking about getting a MacBook for my birthday either the Pro, or Air. So my first question is which do you recomend or should I just get a regular MacBook. My second question is where is the cheapest reliable place, to buy one, because I don't have tons of money,and you could say I'm on a budget to get one. TIA for the help

Thanks

Pro is good for people who need it. Its only down side is its ∫UCKING HUGE and is a bit on the heavy side.(Especially the 17inch) But it is a great fast computer. Air, is a little bit less then ok. No optical drive( CD drive) is really inconvenient, usb port sucks, and is a bit on the slow side. Your best bet for a fast enough, reliable, small, light computer is just the regular Macbook. I recommend the black one with all features if you can afford it. I've had one and I love it so much. Its what won me to love Apple.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aiyo For This Useful Post:

wareagle5693 (2008-04-16)

Thanks

Thanks! Are there any websites other than macmall.com, where you can get Macs cheaper??

Thanks

I have no idea, i just got my straight from the store.

Each Macbook has its purpose.

I have a regular black Macbook maxed out with 2 gigs of memory. I love it. It's light-weight with a great battery and lets me dual-boot to Windows XP. (Seemingly mandatory in my field as an IT guy in a primarily Windows environment.) The regular Macbooks are your general purpose laptop. Most people only need something to surf the web and check e-mail on. With the 2 gigs of memory I can do most stuff in Photoshop, it only really slows down when I work with huge poster-sized files.

The Macbook Air is a niche item. If you have to ask which laptop to get on a budget, the Air is not for you. It's all about portability, which means it lacks power. (It's still got more kick than the competition.) So you have to be willing to spend MORE for LESS power. I suppose if your an average user and have a good amount of money to throw down it might be a consideration.

The Macbook Pro is for those power users and those whose job or hobby required a beefier system. If you're editing video it's a must. Also, if gaming its a good idea. The Pro is also a great replacement for a desktop if its going to be your only computer, though I would argue that the average user still only needs the regular Macbook as a daily machine.

As for where to get them cheaper, I don't know. I ordered mine online as a student and got a bit of a discount.
    Last edited by vkzawa; 2008-04-16 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks

alright, thanks, I just don't know how its gonna be adjusting,while not a big difference from a 15.5" screen to the 13.3. I'm pretty sure I will be able to get a MacBook, if my parents can give me around half.

Thanks

Yup regular Macbooks are the bomb. So if you have the budget to get a pro or the air, then you definitely have the budget for a maxed out black Macbook.
    I wanted the pro before, but after I got to spend time with it... I didn't like how it was a bit bigger and a bit heavier. I love its power though, but the reg Macbook just feels right.

Thanks

I have a two year old Macbook, and i love it.
    It wasn't to expensive, runs fast, and can run Windows without slowing it down.
    Air is eh...not a primary computer at all.
    Pro is for people who need power and speed in a computer, like graphic designers and filmmakers.
    Macbook FTW!

The Air is expensive and best if you already have a desktop.

The Pro gives you faster graphics, a bigger screen, and an Express Card slot.

If you're on a budget, the regular MacBook is the way to go-- it's definitely the most bang for your buck in the lineup.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Black Macbook Maxed out