Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac Must Have's

Default Mac Must Have's
    So i recently converted to Mac, and love it. I've done some googling and youtubing, and was wondering what Mac Software is essential? I don't just mean essential as in only for iPhone. If i wanted to view let's say Windwos Media player files i would use what?

I've heard of some programs called: Flip4Mac, ViusalHub, AppDelete, AppZapper (which one is better? and does it really clean up all files?)

Let me Know if stuff in my Have's is good or if certain things should be replaced.

Hoepfully everyone contributes here

Thanks

What i Already have on my Mac:

1. MSN
    2. Independence
    3. CyberDuck
    4. Office 08
    5. Handbrake
    6. Toast Titanium
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-12 at 08:59 PM.

... office 2008...?

are you kidding me?
    pls be serious!

Why would i Kid?
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-12 at 11:10 PM.

Default Mac Essentials?
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-12 at 11:10 PM.

Flip4Mac works great for Windows media files. I use AppZapper to uninstall my applications and I think it does a great job. I haven't used any other uninstalling software so I don't know if it is the best. Another cool program is called CandyBar, its like SummberBoard but for your mac!

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

Alright i guess ill go look for a copy of AppZapper...

Thank you

Thanks

I use AppDelete instead of AppZapper, but I'm sure they both get the job done. Here's some of my favorites:

Cyberduck
    GIMP
    Wavepad
    Songbird
    Chicken of the VNC
    Dock Library
    Illustrator
    Photoshop
    FinalCut Pro
    iLife '08 Suite
    Simplify Media
    Audium
    Pages
    Keynote

There are tons of available downloads out there, all you have to do is look.

- John

13 favorite apps (group) on my leopard..

QuickSilver
    CyberDuck
    SubEthaEdit
    VLC
    iWork
    iLife
    Adobe Creative Suite 3 Master Collection
    Linotype FontExplorer X
    FontLabs
    Aperture
    Lightroom
    Nikon NX Capture
    Canon Digital Photo Professional

Green Apple
    Thanks

what is wronf wit office it is much betta dan bloodcleet iwork (pages, keynote, numbers)
    Get Sillay

I don't have a problem with Office.. I like it.. I think the other member doesn't lol

thanks Blue_wind for replying

Not many people care about me hahah

By The way Does anyone know how to put *Application* in the Dock? I saw a vid on youtube but doesn't seem to work for me? Do i just drag App folder from finder to Dock?

I wanna be able to see the apps from my dock like in this vid (skip to 2:45)

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=DP5Y-58mHic&feature=related"]YouTube - My Dock[/ame]

Thank you
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-13 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, just move your Applications folder to the right side of the dock.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Well i tried that and i just keep getting that Poof sound and it disappears from my Finder and doesn't go to the right of the dock, near the Trash. Also how do i get Stacks?

Sorry I'm new to Mac

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UV RAYS View Post
    what is wronf wit office it is much betta dan bloodcleet iwork (pages, keynote, numbers)
    I can't stand Office. I find the iWork suite much nicer and more productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetti12 View Post
    Well i tried that and i just keep getting that Poof sound and it disappears from my Finder and doesn't go to the right of the dock, near the Trash. Also how do i get Stacks?

Sorry I'm new to Mac
    Make sure you're dragging the applications folder from a Finder window to the right die of the dock. Right beside the Trash can.

- John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBanks View Post
    Make sure you're dragging the applications folder from a Finder window to the right die of the dock. Right beside the Trash can.

- John

Alright i will give it a shot later and let you know. As for Stacks how do i do that?

And whats a good Torrent Program? Azureus? Transmission? Xtorrent? Bittorrent?

Also anything else I should get?
    Last edited by Yetti12; 2008-04-13 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Yetti12 View Post
    Alright i will give it a shot later and let you know. As for Stacks how do i do that?

And whats a good Torrent Program? Azureus? Transmission? Xtorrent? Bittorrent?

Also anything else I should get?

I don't have a mac yet (will soon) but I recommend bittorrent, I use it in my pc and is real simple. As for a mac program if you are into graphics and making DVDs use particleillusion, one of my friends did a great job making our senior video

Well i know that for my windows machines i use Utorrent which i'm very happy with. As for Mac's from what i've read on a few other forums and from my friends who eat and live macs lol they say either Transmission or Azureus. As for Video/Photo editing i don't really do that type of stuff.. But i usually just DL all types of software on my machines lol