Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phew im glad...

Default Phew im glad...
    that i found a site that helped me to downgrade the modem on my iphone to the older verson.

So what happened? I bought my iphone from america after many many researching hours i made sure i could activate and sim free my phone. When i recieved it i pluged it into my computer and ran the hack. Boom i had done it !! I was overjoyed but it didnt last long. I soon after that not knowing the new update would brick my phone updated!

IDIOT i tell you idiot! Anyway moving on i spent my weekend searching the net and finding ways to get around this BRICKED iphone.

After many hours i finally did it, i really did feel like GOD. Seriously i felt like a proper little hacker. With the help of people obviously ! Which i give great praise to.

Now that i have my iphone working with any network i want i get this error message when connecting it to itunes

the phone cannot be used with itunes because the IMEI is incorrect.

The thing is my imei number on my phone is the same as the back, so what is wrong? I am now really stumped. I dont want to reformat the phone again as i have all my contacts on, But i could do with syncing to itunes because i want to put some songs and videos on it. (although i have a 30 gig mp3 player :S haha ) I just want the most out of the phone i suppose . Any one who can help would be great

keep it easy!

Same thing happened to me... just take the simcard out and you'll be able to use itunes again. I wish I didn't have to do this every time I need to sync my music, photos, contacts, but it's the only way it works.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skorpiond For This Useful Post:

andyjoneski (2007-10-20)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

also reformatting (restoring) your phone wont lose any of your contacts etc, all information is backed up when you sync and will be put back on your phone after the restore if you want it to.

thats great guys !! i reallly dont mind taking out my sim to snyc. And ive noticed that if u take you your sim then place it back in during the snyc it does not find an error. Strange.

Im sure there will probably be a software solution for this but im just happy doing as i am going to.

But that really did stump me ! lol

thanks again