Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has this happened to anyone???

Default Has this happened to anyone???
    Hi, I just got a few iphones from an Atlanta Apple Store - they asked for my ID before payment - went in the backroom and took a few minutes. When they came back they handed it back to me and rang up the sale. I asked why and they stated that some people are buying too many and reselling them (gulp)! Has this happened to anyone? Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisl2001 View Post
    Hi, I just got a few iphones from an Atlanta Apple Store - they asked for my ID before payment - went in the backroom and took a few minutes. When they came back they handed it back to me and rang up the sale. I asked why and they stated that some people are buying too many and reselling them (gulp)! Has this happened to anyone? Thanks!
    Apple has put the clamp on people buying too many devices at once. They don't want people reselling them, and if they do, Apple wants to force them to sign up for the Apple Reseller program. They could have very well refused to sell them to you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone taylorcold's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought two on Sunday with no problem.

Thanks

This is the email customers who have placed orders for more than 9 iPhones/iPods are receiving...

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Apple products.

It appears that your recent Apple Store order is for products intended
    for resale. While Apple appreciates your company's support of Apple's
    technology and products, the Apple Store you placed this order with
    sells products to end-user customers only, and the order has therefore
    been cancelled. You may wish to review the Sales and Refunds Policy at

For information about joining Apple as a reseller, visit

Thank you again for your interest in Apple.

Sincerely,
    Apple Store Customer Support

who buys iphones from ebay?

I dont get it. If you can buy one form the store for 399 why part 475 for one from ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by s2k View Post

I dont get it. If you can buy one form the store for 399 why part 475 for one from ebay.
    Its not from Ebay, some people go local. Look at this way, you can buy a phone, hack it and sell it hacked for a profit. That is what some people are doing with buying more than 10 phones. Apple doesn't like that.

Forign importers, ME FOR EXAMPLE!! i live in the UK and want an iPhone 1 month early, so i bourght on ebay US

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Dear Apple,

It's none of your daum business how we spend our money and what we do with it once we have your product. Making a photocopy of our license with our SS number on it and crucial info without our permission will result in a lawsuit.

~signed, better not try that with me.

yeah i dont think i would let them take it with them i would show it to them but no photo copy

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Dear Apple,
    Making a photocopy of our license with our SS number on it and crucial info without our permission will result in a lawsuit.

~signed, better not try that with me.
    Without your permission? What are they doing, lifting it out of your wallet, making a copy of it and then putting it back into your wallet without your knowledge?

And who in hell is dumb enough to have their SS number on their ID? In case you didn't know, you can opt out of having your SSN on your driver's license. Read up on the national ID act that passed a while back, before you argue this point with me, Sir.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Without your permission? What are they doing, lifting it out of your wallet, making a copy of it and then putting it back into your wallet without your knowledge?

I'm gonna quote the OP in spanish since you missed it in english......

hey pedido mi identificación antes de que pago - entró en el backroom y tomó algunos minutos
    hey asked for my ID before payment - went in the backroom and took a few minutes

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

lol nine iphone or more

Also people resell to people who are not nearly computer savvy enough to jailbreak or unlock their phone themselves. Thats why people will pay extra as well, they don't realize how easy the iPhone is to hack and that it costs nothing at all to do. They jut want an iPhone with t mobile

If you don't like Apples policy, you don't have to buy from them.
    =D

but the thing that sucks is they come on this forum saying I bought a iPhone on ebay and now it dosent work can I suck your guys cocks for info

iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Thanks

can I suck your guys cocks for info

I dont have alot of info... but feel free.
    (Fancy quote from a dead guy...)

Show your appreciation by using the button.

Make.SURE.You.""