Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YES 3G iphone 58 days

KelvinalF
    Default YES 3G iphone 58 days

While talking up web as a video delivery medium at a Beet.TV executive summit, Walt Mossberg casually yet confidently mentioned that the iPhone will be going 3G in 59 days. Of course, it doesn't take an illustrious position as tech pundit to the masses to figure out a 3G iPhone is just around the corner: price cuts, stock shortages and word from Ralph de la Vega himself have rapidly narrowed down the launch window, but a semi-guarantee from Uncle Walt is certainly icing on the cake. The video snippet is after the break, or hit up the read link for the whole thing.

Source: Engadget

This doesn't mean anything, really. Yes, the guy is a pro but a guess is a guess until proven otherwise.

Hell, if you look at what AT&T is doing it looks like they're putting a lot of money (around 20 billion) to start a 4G network to replace 3G by with certain areas as early as next year, Apple would probably be better holding off on 3G and going for 4G next year or whenever AT&T rolls it out.

Thanks

First! OMG OMG OMG!
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Not to say I'm not expecting a new iPhone to come out this summer to celebrate the 1 year anniversary, but I think it'll be a memory upgrade and price drop if anything.

KelvinalF
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    This doesn't mean anything, really. Yes, the guy is a pro but a guess is a guess until proven otherwise.

Hell, if you look at what AT&T is doing it looks like they're putting a lot of money (around 20 billion) to start a 4G network to replace 3G by with certain areas as early as next year, Apple would probably be better holding off on 3G and going for 4G next year or whenever AT&T rolls it out.
    what would be smart of them would be to release 4g on the iphones so people who are in love with the gs(3 and 4) would have to buy the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinalF View Post
    what would be smart of them would be to release 4g on the iphones so people who are in love with the gs(3 and 4) would have to buy the iphone
    This I could see them do since officially they are tied to AT&T for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by iFilipino View Post
    First! OMG OMG OMG!
    What's the point of saying this? Really, you're not bringing any discussion in the thread and you're not even acknowledging that you read the article. Is there some sort of e-prize you get for getting that first reply, because otherwise you're an idiot that needs to learn that quality is more important than quantity and you shouldn't aim for a first post. In fact, you shouldn't aim at all, just read what the thread is about, post your opinion on it, and enjoy the forums for what they are: a hub where people can communicate and spread information and news. Saying "first" and nothing more just tells me that you don't really care about what's being discussed so I'm going to go ahead and ignore you from now on because honestly, if you can't take a minute to read and come up with a meaningful reply then I can't imagine you saying something constructive in the future. Good day, Sir.

Thanks

OMG that is so cool! But yeah, 4g would be nice, but it wont be out anytime soon this year. This leaves much room for improvement on the iphone. So when 4g is up the might have like iPhone3 which is faster, better and nice looking.

*starts packaging old 8GB iphone*

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thanks

Whats G3....???
    EDM

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Zeal, I believe you're referring to 3G. 3G is a type of wireless data transfer for cellular networks. 3G speeds can be compared to 768 kb/s or very close to wifi. G3 would signify a third generation device, such as the G3 nano.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Thanks

SO that means i need to buy a NEW iPhone..? Or is AT&T just improving their network?
    EDM

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you would need to buy a 3G phone to work with the 3G network. ATT is already on 3G

Thanks

Well, yes you will need to buy a new iPhone. 3G requires 3G capable hardware. AT&T does have 3G coverage, but it's not very common. I see the theory that they will go straight to 4G very likely .

Quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    Whats G3....???
    A terrible gun in CoD4...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

stocis (2008-04-08)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    A terrible gun in CoD4...
    Are you kidding me.... The G3 in COD4 is awesome..

(For the computer on Hardcore mode)
    EDM

Thanks

LMFAO, now this has to be the dumbest thread I have ever read.

are all of the current iphone users going to have to buy new iphones or are we going be able to like "trade in?"
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

confirmed on iclarified this means new iphone totally!!!
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

so, lets say a 3G iphone is coming in 58 days, would you have to find a new way to unlock it and jailbreak the iphone or would it be the same process as the current one?

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
    are all of the current iphone users going to have to buy new iphones or are we going be able to like "trade in?"
    Have you ever bought a technological device before the iPhone? Of course you'll have to buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by mariotheotaku View Post
    so, lets say a 3G iphone is coming in 58 days, would you have to find a new way to unlock it and jailbreak the iphone or would it be the same process as the current one?
    I cannot imagine the process being very different, but I know nothing of that sort so who knows.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2008-04-08 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

But is 3G enough to really make you a new phone? I have the 16gb, so I went for the upgrade, even after paying for the first phone at like $500, but don't think I'll get another for 3G. Maybe a 32gb, but not 3G. Unless ya'll know something that I don't. I had an HTC before the iphone with 3G and amused, but not really...

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast