Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios Dev slots

Default ios Dev slots
    Hey guys, I got some dev slots.
    Charging $10 per UDID. Paypal only
    PM me with your UDID, and I will tell you my paypal address. After I get the paypal email I will add you to my dev account.
    Whole process will take 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by VPrime View Post
    Hey guys, I got some dev slots.
    Charging $10 per UDID. Paypal only
    PM me with your UDID, and I will tell you my paypal address. After I get the paypal email I will add you to my dev account.
    Whole process will take 5 min.
    sent Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eenofonn For This Useful Post:

VPrime (2011-06-08)

Quote Originally Posted by eenofonn View Post
    sent Thanks
    Thanks, and you're welcome.

To others wondering why I am charging $10 when others are doing it for 5.
    Well let me start by saying I am an actual iOS developer developing apps. Unlike most others who just got a dev account to try the betas and sell slots.
    Apple frowns on developers selling slots and can potentially close your account. So when they see a dev account getting 100 UDID registrations in one day (right after a beta release) they know something fishy is going on.

With me: I won't be using up all my slots. Only a few. Also, I will be renewing my account every year as I require it for my business.. So your UDID will stay active for much longer than 1year.. So you can get iOS6, 7 or what ever else early as long as apple doesn't change their ways..

Quote Originally Posted by VPrime View Post
    Thanks, and you're welcome.

To others wondering why I am charging $10 when others are doing it for 5.
    Well let me start by saying I am an actual iOS developer developing apps. Unlike most others who just got a dev account to try the betas and sell slots.
    Apple frowns on developers selling slots and can potentially close your account. So when they see a dev account getting 100 UDID registrations in one day (right after a beta release) they know something fishy is going on.

With me: I won't be using up all my slots. Only a few. Also, I will be renewing my account every year as I require it for my business.. So your UDID will stay active for much longer than 1year.. So you can get iOS6, 7 or what ever else early as long as apple doesn't change their ways..
    That's awesome to hear! And you've take a well thought out approach. I'm thinking of becoming a dev myself but I need to get my hands on an intel mac before I can get started (I've got 2 ppc machines but their no good for development as far as I can tell) and I have a nice AMD based PC so I'm not really interested in trying to do the hackintosh approach. In your opinion for someone who is serious about learning to develop what would you say would be the bare bones setup (hardware wise)? I've been trying to get my hands on a newer mac mini or even imac but not sure if it would have the horsepower and longevity I would like it to have.

Yeah, can't use a PPC as the iOS SDK and latest Xcode will not run on them.

The hackintosh route is fine to get started and develop on. But don't do your final build on it. You never know what will be submitted to apple along with the build so I would do my final build on a real mac. (One of our development machines is actually a hackintosh).

Going the official route, get a mac mini (but wait for the upcoming refresh). They are cheap and have plenty of power to develop anything for mobile platforms.
    You really don't need a beast of a machine to write iOS apps.. Even writing games doesn't require a huge performance computer as the platform you are developing for is weak compared to a typical computer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VPrime For This Useful Post:

eenofonn (2011-06-09)

To those that were PMing me, Yes I still have slots.

Still have slots free, and will be available for the next 5 or 6 hr..