Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I just got SCAM please help!!! Modmyi

Default I just got SCAM please help!!! Modmyi
    modmyi please i need your help, user wissman just stole me $2,400 that i paid for 5 iphones and he gave me this tracking.
    http://www.dpd.co.uk/tracking/trackingSearch.do?search.searchScope=&search.javas criptValidated=2&search.parcelNumber=1550229185684 3*15604^C&search.searchType=4
    it says it was delivered on Cyprus and im from Puerto Rico. Please ban this guy from here

Wow. We'll look into to this, but there's not much we can other then banning the user/scammer.
    Like I said we'll look into this and will report back in this thread

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

myke580 (2010-09-28)

Wth I was Just about to buy an iPhone 4 from him, but I knew there was something fishy, he wouldn't leave me alone when I told him I'm interested in it, this is interesting!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you paid him with a credit card or PayPal you may have ground to file a dispute and get the funds frozen until resolution.

He tried to scam me too but I reported him and cer0 deleted his thread but didn't ban him even though I told him everything.
    He wouldn't leave me alone either, that's why I posted that thread "how to avoid scams 2010 edition" in the selling forum. All those hints came from wissman

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-b-s-t/730022-how-avoid-scammers-2010-edition.html#post5472080
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-09-24 at 10:33 PM.

Man now that you think of it, everytime he sold one he'd say he had like 2 left, who knows how much money he made from scamming these people..thousands?!

This guy better be getting what he deserves

I filled a dispute and he quickly escalated to a claim saying that I want the iPhones and my money back lol

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Be careful because this guy is smarter than u think, he planned it all out so I would assume that he knew that people would file disputes. He might have a work-around. Just show paypal the tracking which clearly shows that it was delivered in cyprus not puerto Rico.

Also, first he said he's selling to buy a MacBook, then he said he's selling because his dad has a retail store, and finally he said he's selling because he has a company. That's what got me suspicious to start with.

This thread will help me with paypal a lot, I will link this to them, thanks guys let's keep the forum clean from scammers

This guy is awesome lol, hes telling paypal that the tracking number is real.... im gonna shot my self if paypal believe that
    Last edited by junito91; 2010-09-25 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    He tried to scam me too but I reported him and cer0 deleted his thread but didn't ban him even though I told him everything.
    He wouldn't leave me alone either, that's why I posted that thread "how to avoid scams 2010 edition" in the selling forum. All those hints came from wissman

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-b-s-...ml#post5472080
    We were reviewing the situation. The sales that the OP mentions happened before your report. Hence the matter last night discussed in a PM with you too.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

he tried to scam me too!!

Im really really scared that paypal don't gave me back my money

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    We were reviewing the situation. The sales that the OP mentions happened before your report. Hence the matter last night discussed in a PM with you too.
    Oh I see, wasn't trying to blame you for it, I just thought that u guys didn't take my report seriously

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Christ, where does this guy live, please tell me you have some contact info? If so you can contact the local authorities on his end, and have him arrested, thats a felony in every state
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

i just received a resolution from paypal. the sentence in bold what it means?
    Hello Jose Alicea,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
    favor.

You have indicated that a partial refund of 0 would be satisfactory.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
    to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
    seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
    privileges.

Yeah paypal its finally giving me back the money!!!!!!!
    Wissman if you are reading this F U CK YOU MOTHER F UC KER, i hope you burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take that, wissman lesson learned, dont try to scam people with paypal lol
    Last edited by junito91; 2010-09-28 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a similar experience with bouy (something) on here...

I hate to say it, but I resort to using Craigslist,meeting people locally only...

iPhone? More like MyPhone General Klinger's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junito91 View Post
    i just received a resolution from paypal. the sentence in bold what it means?
    Hello Jose Alicea,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
    favor.

You have indicated that a partial refund of 0 would be satisfactory.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
    to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
    seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
    privileges.

Yeah paypal its finally giving me back the money!!!!!!!
    Wissman if you are reading this F U CK YOU MOTHER F UC KER, i hope you burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take that, wissman lesson learned, dont try to scam people with paypal lol

Um you didn't win anything. If he doesn't have the money in his account, Paypal can't do much but suspend his account. I have a strong feeling you won't be seeing your money.

they already reverse the money to my account. I have to wait a few days to see them on my bank

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

wow me too i just posted that i was scammed also for an ipad

i allready escilated the dispute on paypal

just curious did he use the paypal name celest?

Quote Originally Posted by junito91 View Post
    modmyi please i need your help, user wissman just stole me $2,400 that i paid for 5 iphones and he gave me this tracking.
    http://www.dpd.co.uk/tracking/trackingSearch.do?search.searchScope=&search.javas criptValidated=2&search.parcelNumber=1550229185684 3*15604^C&search.searchType=4
    it says it was delivered on Cyprus and im from Puerto Rico. Please ban this guy from here

you have nothing to worry about,

i just got off the phone with paypal and they informed me that even do this guy does not have any funds in his account.

paypal will refund the entire amount then paypal will persue the seller so you are gaurenteed to get all your money back.
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-01 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I check my bank account and the money was returned, damn I was scared, but the case is over and my money is back with me!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast