Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to avoid scammers: 2010 edition

Default How to avoid scammers: 2010 edition
    It used to be very easy to spot a scammer. If they want western union or live in nigeria, it's a scam. But now it seems there are "advanced" scammers =P

The golden rule: If it's too good to be true, it is. Nobody has a wholesale company that can give you iPhones 50% off.

2) if they keep insisting that they are not scammers even though you never brought the subject up, be a little cautious.

3) if they refuse to deal through eBay for a stupid reason, such as "I cant sell though eBay because apple will catch my company selling at such low prices and ban me" then it's a scam. paypal is not garunteed. Paypal+eBay is the safest way to go.
    If they don't want to use eBay to avoid the fees, just ask them for their user ID to check feedback. Then send a message through eBay to make sure it's the same person

4) If they keep insisting that u pay quickly and that they are in a rush, be cautious.

5) if they say they have a large company that does wholesale, it is probably fake. Apple is not into supplying to wholesalers.

6) sometimes they make it seem like they speak little English. Be catious.

7) if they offer immediate express shipping internationally free of charge, be VERY catious, especially if it's from a small country

8) Check the post count. Then read their posts. If all the posts are about selling, then then be catious.

9) remember pics don't mean prove that they're real, even if they have a name/date.
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-10-11 at 05:53 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

Peter.d (2010-10-01)