Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which Mac should I get?

Default Which Mac should I get?
    Hello all, I've been wanting a Mac for a very, very long time. At first I wanted an iMac...but then I used one and it really disappointed me. To me it felt like a huge laptop (minus the portability) and not a desktop as it should be. Then I wanted a 13" Macbook...then again I got disappointed when I used it, I expected more of it. And now (and for the last 6 months) I want a Macbook Pro.

I used all models 2 months ago on an Apple Store in FL (where I live there are no Apple Stores) and I got specially excited with the 15" i7 one...but I saw that the 17" costs only $100 more and then i figured that I should go for it, but I noticed that it only has an i5...

So, which one should I get? Mostly I use computers for editing movies, photos, music and for entertainment...the exact reasons of existence for Macs. And I also grew tired and sick of Windows...

I also loved the 13" but I have a visual impairment and i couldn't use it as my main computer. Right now I'm between a 15" with i7 or the 17"...As a side note, I don't have the money for either of them, but I'm saving up as fast as possible. So, hopefully I can get one by the end of this year.

Thanks in advance!

macbook pro 13" is sweet

Well, I ended up buying (just today) a customised 27" iMac! (read my signature for the details!) I can't wait for it to get here!!
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

LOL that's funny. The one thing that "really disappointed you" at first is what you ended up with in the end. I had a 27" iMac for about 4 months after they were released and loved it... just didn't use it much so sold it for 90% of retail. You'll be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    LOL that's funny. The one thing that "really disappointed you" at first is what you ended up with in the end. I had a 27" iMac for about 4 months after they were released and loved it... just didn't use it much so sold it for 90% of retail. You'll be happy!
    Yep, I think it's one of those ironies that can't be explained...heh, heh. I guess that with an i7 and 8GB of RAM it'll run just fine for what I want it for.
    Last edited by iTouch-Warrior; 2010-09-25 at 01:54 AM.
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB