Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice
    I currently have an iphone 3gs for my line and is not eligible for upgrade til june 2011. however my wife's line is eligible. I thought I would just upgrade to the ip4 for her line then switch lines and she can use the 3gs. She doesnt really need it though, nor a data plan. she just uses phone and text. So I could list it on ebay and get as much as I can then pay the $399 upgrade price. If I sell it but then still upgrade on her line of course $199 I'll probably come out a little ahead and then just buy her a decent phone straight up?

What do you smart people think? Please no smart asses. Yeah, like thats possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I think you should just give it to me and not deal with the brain damage ya know. Always looking out for ya buddy........

which part od "Please no smart asses" did you not understand?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I'm serious brah.................

ok then what part of "What do you smart people think? " did u not understand?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

What I did in the past when the 3G came out was AT&T let me use my Dad's line to upgrade, then switched the 3G to my line and I was able to get it. I had gotten a HTC Tilt probably 6 months before hand. You could try doing that, then your wife could use the 3Gs and you use the iPhone 4. Make sense?
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

what if you don't get as much as you want from ebay?

im actually doing this so i can upgrade to iphone 4...
    my dad just bought a new macbook pro and i asked him for his upgrade
    so im upgrading to a 32 gb for 299
    and he still uses his iphone 3g

iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Simple.

Upgrade her line <- you take the phone cut your SIM down or get new on at the store

Your 3GS <- She gets it, but call att and drop the data plan cause she doesnt need it. Take her old phone into the att store and say the iPhone 4 was lost and need a new sim for that phone. Then place that Sim in the iPhone. Have att BLOCK all data to that sim card.

Thats what id do if I were you as long as your wife doesnt care about what phone she has. Good luck