Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looking For A Broken Iphone 2G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Looking For A Broken Iphone 2G
    I have a few parts from a iphone 2g and am trying to put one together for a backup in case something happens to my 3g. I am looking for a broken iphone to use my parts in. the only thing im not interested in is a 2g with a digitizer or lcd problem. if you have one that has a bad logic board or comm board or anything really besides a broken lcd or digitizer im interested. If the outter glass is cracked but the digitizer still works that would be fine as the phone will just be a back up. anyways send me a pm if you have anything you think i could use and ill get back to you asap! thanks

Thanks

no one has any broken 2gs???

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't think you can attach any parts of 2g in 3g. I have used both of them and when my lcd of 3g broked, I tried using part of my 2g but there was no result.
    mod/edit links removed

I have a digitizer, command board, and midframe i am trying to sell lmk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronblade View Post
    I don't think you can attach any parts of 2g in 3g. I have used both of them and when my lcd of 3g broked, I tried using part of my 2g but there was no result.
    i know that . thats not what i am trying to do. i am trying to put together a 2g for a spare to my everyday 3g

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an 8GB 2G iPhone. My friend dropped it into a glass of water, and was in for a matter of a few seconds.
    When I fully charge it, it works, EXCEPT that the home button doesnt ever work. I can charge it, it will work, but it doesnt go into sleep mode, and it wont turn off, so it will just stay on till it runs out of battery.
    I am also looking for an iphone 3G, 8GB, perferably used. So ill trade, also.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

I have a 4GB 1G Iphone with a cracked screen, the phoen still works like a champ. Right i am only using it to listen to music. LMK if you are interested or not. The phone still fully functional currently running on 2.2.1 firmware unlocked

i have a spare screen for the 2g...only problem is there is a small strip that doesnt touch around the "7,8,9" buttons when the phone is displayed...it sometimes responds though, you just have to tap near it and drag your finger onto the dead strip, and it works...

Quote Originally Posted by Atokadd View Post
    I have an 8GB 2G iPhone. My friend dropped it into a glass of water, and was in for a matter of a few seconds.
    When I fully charge it, it works, EXCEPT that the home button doesnt ever work. I can charge it, it will work, but it doesnt go into sleep mode, and it wont turn off, so it will just stay on till it runs out of battery.
    I am also looking for an iphone 3G, 8GB, perferably used. So ill trade, also.

did you replace the entire flex cables for the home button and the power button??
    Last edited by c.e.p; 2009-10-03 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-b-s-...condition.html

I have one in perfect condition, the only problem is a bad logic board. Let me know if you're interested.

i have 2 one with bad home button the other with bad headphone jack let me know