Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G 8GB - $200 - selling for next iPhone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    That makes two of us.

that makes 3 of us hoping I get my $400 back from paypal
    Last edited by Mr. DeLeon; 2009-04-19 at 02:41 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Magnum's Avatar
    Thanks

if you can somehow get his address...go there and beat the living $h1T outta him...i know i would

You should post this story on the consumerist. They do great detective work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iamnintendork View Post
    You should post this story on the consumerist. They do great detective work.
    Yes but that is about Corporations and large businesses scamming the consumer. Not an ebay-tybe sale.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

How did it work out with paypal? We all feel your pain.
    I had a similar situation about 6 mo's ago and got scammed. I paid with paypal and although it took almost a month, I did get my money back from paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I had a similar situation about 6 mo's ago and got scammed. I paid with paypal and although it took almost a month, I did get my money back from paypal.
    You got lucky. What I have found out with Paypal they will make it painful before the even think about refunding. There policy is if you didn't buy it on ebay to bad. Good luck to all of you.

In Germany, eBay used to offer the "Treuhandservice" (dont know if they still do, dont live there anymore ), and basically what that service was, is that the Seller posts the item to eBay (or somewhere) and once the item was received by them, eBay would let the Buyer know and then the Buyer used to complete the transaction i.e. do the bank transfer (there wasnt such a thing as paypal back then).
    And i though we (MMI) could do something like that. I have seen that many members who sell the items here usually are from the US and a lot of the staff members are from the US, too. That means that when someone buy's something i.e. an iPhone, they could post it to one of the staff member, once it's arrived and as described, the staff member let's the buyer know that he got the item and it's as described, which would mean that the buyer can continue to pay the seller.
    Once the payment has been confirmed by the seller, the staff member basically posts the item to the Buyer.
    An example:
    I sell an iPhone, and let's say One1 decides to buy it. Now I would post it to a staff member, let's say cpjr, and once he receives it, he would confirm it to One1 that he has received it and that it's as described. One1 would then pay me from the phone, and once I confirm that i have the money, i will let cpjr know, so that he can continue post the item to One1.
    This way a lot of the scams on this website could be eliminated. Obviously, if the staff member/MMI doesnt want to do it for free you could charge us something reasonable, or something like that...

What do you guyz think?

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    so far i have to wait until 4/18/09 before i can escalate to the next level. i opened my 2 disputes on 2/14/09

so far i had to post some of my iphones & BB storm to recoup this loss.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well to all those who got scammed by this bastard and files a claim through paypal expect to experience not the worst but one of the shitty day of your lives. just got an e mail from paypal that they sided with my dispute but UNFORTUNATELY cant get my money from his account since its not active anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mokylim View Post
    well to all those who got scammed by this bastard and files a claim through paypal expect to experience not the worst but one of the shitty day of your lives. just got an e mail from paypal that they sided with my dispute but UNFORTUNATELY cant get my money from his account since its not active anymore.
    I hope that you are joking. My dispute is almost done with PayPal. FU**
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

I just talked to PP & yes they told me if he took the money out or spent it from his account then even if I win my dispute I am SOL on my 400... well maybe it's time to do some searching on these fools & take a road trip to good ol florida! lol

Well, I mean we, the people who were scammed by him, have his email ([email protected]) and his name: Kevin O'Neil.

Search his email in Facebook and you get:
    Kevin Christopher O'Neil
    Kevin Christopher O'Neil | Facebook

And I was able to figure out he is from:
    Altamonte Springs

High school in Altamonte Springs is:
    Lake Brantley High School

So I guess if anyone from Florida could join the Lake Brantley Network and add him as a friend, we could probably find more information and bring legal action against him, such as lawsuits, etc.
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-05-03 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Changed "that" to "his email"

Default Hope This Helps
    Kevin Oneil
    Male
    15 years old
    SAINT CLOUD, Florida
    United States

I searched his email in myspace that what i could come up with
    Last edited by ceelo2008; 2009-05-03 at 07:50 AM.

All LISTED O'Neil/Oneil in Saint Cloud, FL

Yellowpages.com

Edit: Has anyone emailed PayPal to see if we can get any personal information about his account to take legal action?
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-05-03 at 04:29 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    All LISTED O'Neil/Oneil in Saint Cloud, FL

Yellowpages.com

Edit: Has anyone emailed PayPal to see if we can get any personal information about his account to take legal action?
    no, i tried that and dissappointedly paypal cannot give out "personal info" with any of their consumers. in other words, paypal told me to go find a corner and cry a river.a**holes.

Thanks

This could help.
    His ISP's abuse line is +1-407-741-0500
    Give them a ring, i'd love to give you his IP guys but I don't think im allowed to

hey i found this punk posting on the Orlando Craigslist... here's a number he used on the CL post... 407-288-3330

I buy broken iPhones and iPods!PN: 407-288-3330 (please don't call) E-Mail: [email protected] thanks, Kevin. Location: Saint Cloud; it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or ...
    orlando.craigslist.org/ele/1059238301.html - Similar pages

PS2 Slim (with Extras)... pictured because it is in bad condition, if you want it you can have it) This a BARGIN! text me at 407-288-3330 NO SCAMMERS! NO LOWBALLERS! NO SHIPPING! ...
    orlando.craigslist.org/ele/1042620080.html - Similar pages

Heres a CL ad I just posted... http://orlando.craigslist.org/ele/1158362737.html
    his area code is pulling up a Kissimmee, FL area code
    Last edited by Mr. DeLeon; 2009-05-07 at 03:56 AM. Reason: updated info

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Nice Job Mr.DeLeon. have you PM'd Neo to make sure he get's this info?
    The private eye in me says that I might not have placed that ad to give him a heads up that people were on to his scams, where he lives and he might get busted for this. Gives him a chance to run and hide like the little pri ck he is.

On the other hand, they say he's 15 years old and obviously living with mom and pop so he's probably not going anywhere.
    All that being said, you did a stellar job. The power of friends. Let's hope he gets what he deserves and Neo can try to get his money back.

i also hope neo & myself get our $$ back... but yeah i know what you mean about the heads up if he see's or hears about the CL ad... but if he is truly 15 he prob wouldnt go too far only to a family member's place until he misses momma. I was hoping he would see it so he could maybe realize he is using his real identity to rip people off (which is so stupid on his part) and that it is going to catch up to him for that reason alone. I mean how stupid can someone be to use their real info to rip people off. on that note i wonder if that is his actual name?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Best thing to do would call his parents, tell them the situation. Parents would probably re-fund the money once you explain the whole 'legal action' thing and this Kevin kid would probably be in trouble until he graduates, lol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast