Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WTS: Custom Designed iPhone/iPod Touch SummerBoard themes $5/each

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

I just think thee are haters out there that didnt think of it first, and are trashing this guys work because of it. I think its a great idea for newbies who dont have a clue how to get summerboards onto their iphones, and for us, who all have the same ones. i will be contacting you for one to make with my daughter as the focal point.
    Great job.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to prouddad.215 For This Useful Post:

Songbird (2008-06-03)

I'm in the middle of setting up the new site (not going to use the changemyipod.com because it's quite out of date, was going to use it for those old style themes for the older iPods, even had like the whole layout deal planned, but the next day the iPod Touch came out, LOL). I'm thinking of maybe changing the prices a bit, depending on wha, t you want, only doing that because some people seem so touchy about it. Really, I know people who charge $7 for just a website header!

And yes, I've already got the poster before me on board, so I'm guessing there'll be more following. Lets hope the new firmware coming out next week won't block it.

Oh, and lifesmymachine, I tried putting up on Craig's List, the only problem is, it hasn't really brought me any people that are interested. I can't stand how you can only put it in one city.
    Last edited by Songbird; 2008-06-03 at 07:01 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    Oh, and lifesmymachine, I tried putting up on Craig's List, the only problem is, it hasn't really brought me any people that are interested. I can't stand how you can only put it in one city.
    Darn, I guess I was wrong. I have had pretty good luck on craigslist for goods, but I can see how services would be a tougher sell. Hopefully this works out for you though, I definitely can see that there is a user base that would benefit from your service.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lifesmymachine For This Useful Post:

Songbird (2008-06-04)

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    Darn, I guess I was wrong. I have had pretty good luck on craigslist for goods, but I can see how services would be a tougher sell. Hopefully this works out for you though, I definitely can see that there is a user base that would benefit from your service.
    Thanks, so far I've gotten a few customers on here, so not bad for not having the site up yet. I myself think it'll be easy enough to look through. I'm putting up different samples of text that I think will work, aswell as allowing you to pick another not listed. I think I might add a little previewer thing aswell. It should be up by next week.

And yeah, I think Craig's List has been pretty god for some people wanting to sell stuff, but I think that the fact that it's being taken as a joke sometimes isn't helping them one bit. I think people just add stuff in hope that a radio station picks it out to read on air.

For those who doubted if I'd get any clients, there's now a waiting list of three people that will have their themes tomorrow. Not bad so far.
    Last edited by Songbird; 2008-06-05 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave the guy alone. I tried making money by giving people 1000 gamerscore, for smaller rates. And for something so simple it can end up taking hours through unseen problems, then let's face it you're not making much an hour. I could make my own theme, although not with photoshop, with Flash (lol) but if I want something individual without the work I'd go for this. The dude gets $5 an hour for his creativity, which is atrocious, so I don't think its fair to call him greedy. Let's face it, most of us got an iPhone because it is simple to use and because it makes me moist in my special places, therefore some of us may be too lazy to create their own theme. And not everyone is creative.
    Last edited by thestrangestick; 2008-06-05 at 09:21 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thestrangestick For This Useful Post:

Songbird (2008-06-05)

Quote Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
    Leave the guy alone. I tried making money by giving people 1000 gamerscore, for smaller rates. And for something so simple it can end up taking hours through unseen problems, then let's face it you're not making much an hour. I could make my own theme, although not with photoshop, with Flash (lol) but if I want something individual without the work I'd go for this. The dude gets $5 an hour for his creativity, which is atrocious, so I don't think its fair to call him greedy. Let's face it, most of us got an iPhone because it is simple to use and because it makes me moist in my special places, therefore some of us may be too lazy to create their own theme. And not everyone is creative.
    Thanks, and yeah, it doesn't really take a hour, much longer in some cases actually. That's because I have to edit some images down for the icons.

Oh, and I will now do lock screens, calculator, weather skins, and all that good stuff for an additional $5.

I just think this thread takes away from this site. If you are doing what you love share it with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    I just think this thread takes away from this site. If you are doing what you love share it with the world.
    I have to disagree I applaud Songbird for offering his services for a small fee.

Not everything can be free some ppl sit for hours to make something for others for free to only find it being bundled on a cd and sold on ebay.

This site does not say modmyi4free it simply says ModMyI.

How this thread takes away from the site eludes me - the guy is offering a service to those who may want a custom theme and can't make it themselves.

Hence we have the site ModMyI.com --> If you ask me --- He's in the right place...

Just my 2cents of course.

Did you know Derek Jeter Loves Baseball?
    Last edited by bklynjava; 2008-06-09 at 12:53 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12