Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 carrier locked

Default iPhone 4 carrier locked
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to unlock my iPhone 4 carrier from O2 uk? I bought it off a friend as my iPhone 5 battery is nackerd. I have to leave it on charge 24/7 😖. Anyway, I bought an iPhone 4 off my friend. Only problem is that it's saying "no service" but also "GPRS" on the top of the screen. I've tried checking the imei online to see if it's banned, it is not. Tried different SIM card in and had no luck. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a programme or cydia tweak/ app that mite be able to help me.

You just have to give us more information....if the firmware is higher than 4.10, there is now way to unlock it with any gevey sim or software unlock. Only option is IMEI unlock. There are services that could do it for you, but which one is legit....I just wouldn't dare to recommend any.....could be also possible, that O2 UK is unlocking iPhones, if they are out of contract, but for that information, you would have to contact them directly.
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-01-12 at 10:57 PM.

Ahh ok sorry. Thanks for posting. I've only ever jail broke 2 iPhones before. my iPhone 5, and the iPhone 4 I'm trying to fix so I can actually make calls on the move. My iPhone 4 is just an iPod at the moment haha.
    The Firmware is 04.12.09 so I think I might have a hard time getting it unlocked. I don't mind trying any methods ( preferably free methods) as I will still have my iPhone 5 that works.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

This company has a good rep.
    https://chronicunlocks.com/

Thanks, just had a look. I'm not sure about paying to get it fixed as I could give someone money and there is chance it won't get unlocked and I'd never see the money I paid for it.
    I would rather find a way I could fix it myself . I'm looking into changing the iPhones imei number to unlock it. If a company claims they can fix it on a computer without even needing the iPhone in front of them, I'd rather keep searching the web to find out how I can do this myself.

You just have to understand, there is no way to do it yourself. Period. Try to use an option to contact O2 UK....just maybe, they will unlock it for you for free...nothing to lose, right
    Last edited by bbrks; 2015-01-12 at 11:20 PM.

Oh we'll thanks for the info guys👍 I'm going to try that tomorrow I think. It's just I'm not the type if person that quits lol
    Ill keep surfing n searching. Maybe I'll find a way to roll back my firmware or something. I'll continue to use modmyi tho. Very useful stuff here 😃 cheers 🍺😜👍

Good luck with your quest

So I gave O2 a call. They told me that they had blocked the iPhone 4 and that if I knew the mobile number that used to be used in it they could unblock it. Shame I don't know it. I asked them what I could do and they said there is nothing unless I know the number. They didn't even want the iPhone off me. So now I'm stuck with a iPhone 4 that can't make calls.