Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pic messaging

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Pic messaging
    I have an unlocked iPhone 4 on Att and every 2 days I have to reinstall carrier reset fix in Cydia so my pic messaging will work. I have tried push doctor, push fix and have to reinstall this app every 2 days. My you tube and push notifications seem to work fine. I am just getting annoyed installing this every other day. If anyone knows a permanent solution I would greatly appreciate it. I am on a anr plan so it's $15 for 200 mb or $25 for 2 gig(just like consumer) Any other smart phone besides iphone it's $10 unlimited data so I have a BB package on my account. (that's why I rely on the iphone unlock) thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The fact that you're on a native carrier (AT&T) but have a non-iPhone plan is what's screwing you up. The system does a sweep every 2 days and sees that your IMEI is an iPhone and freaks out b/c you're on a BB plan. There's no way to fix this on your end.

Thanks

It's funny too because I have had the same BB package since last August and it still has not changed
    3GS now 4. Makes sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The fact that you're on a native carrier (AT&T) but have a non-iPhone plan is what's screwing you up. The system does a sweep every 2 days and sees that your IMEI is an iPhone and freaks out b/c you're on a BB plan. There's no way to fix this on your end.
    Excuse my ignorance here,
    but how exactly does the "carrier reset fix" work, from the users' perspective?
    Is it an interactive process? (with a GUI)
    Could it be scripted and set to run automatically every few days?
    (would this have bad consequences, seeing as how AT&T rilly no like what u doing)

Thanks

Probably not because u have to eject the sim every time u reinstall it and that's the annoying part. Have to have a paperclip handy. Lol