Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Throttling Starting Octorber!!!!!!

Default AT&T Throttling Starting Octorber!!!!!!
    2 More Months........are the times left when the effing AT&T will start to cut down the speed for those unlimited data folks who use "12 times more" than what the "normal"?
    smartphone user uses. What a bunch of bulll---...

What u guys think about this?

I think it's time to switch to t-mobile

Then be pulled right back when and if the merge happens

Lol true smh i hope Sprint gets the new iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Emaculate View Post
    I think it's time to switch to t-mobile
    Tmobile is already doing tho,only sprint doesn't do this bull crap

The best companies always fail

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

12 times more is a lot more though... shouldn't be a problem if you're not going into 20-30GB right I couldn't use that much even with tethering even if I tried my best. Though I'm stuck on Verizon and VZW users get throttled all the time regardless of how less we use ... soooo if you're lucky enough to have AT&T unlimited data at this point, you at least get to start off the month without any throttling.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    12 times more is a lot more though... shouldn't be a problem if you're not going into 20-30GB right I couldn't use that much even with tethering even if I tried my best. Though I'm stuck on Verizon and VZW users get throttled all the time regardless of how less we use ... soooo if you're lucky enough to have AT&T unlimited data at this point, you at least get to start off the month without any throttling.
    Step 1. Tether phone
    Step 2. Download a 30GB torrent with many seeds
    Step 3. Succeed in a 20-30GB/mo download without trying very hard at all.

As to the OP,
    I am still interested in seeing what their throttling means. That is, at what point will it be throttled, and how severely? 2 gigs? 4gigs? My feeling is less than 5 but more than 2.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2011-08-20 at 10:03 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

No offense but who in the right mind downloads large files over Internet that was meant for smartphones? Is it really that awful to pay for roadrunner or something then download it at much faster speeds at home?

Seriously ... That's why carriers are cracking down on people who use too much and 20-30GB in smartphone standards is a lot more than what the "standard" usage amount is.

If you use smartphone data as your primary means of Internet access then IMO it identifies as a cheap characteristic. If you can afford an iPhone and a data plan, surely you can afford Internet at home.