Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found an iPhone 3G

Question Found an iPhone 3G
    So I didn't steal this. I was walking to the store the other day and found a iPhone 3G! I was shocked. So being the good guy I am, I checked to see if there was any numbers I could contact to return it too. This iPhone was completely clear! As if it was brand new but beat up on the outside a tad. But it has an AT&T SIM card and the AT&T text in the corner of the screen while on. Since there is no way to return this to the owner, How do I cancel their AT&T plan so they don't get charged anything? I may just use it as another iPod.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You go to ATT and report it. Or Apple. Both can handle the situation. After all it still is a lost phone. Or the person may have thought it was stolen so to anyone it could come up as stolen in the database.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I agree with Cer0. There certainly is a way to find the owner, simply turn it into Apple or AT&T like Cer0 said and they can likely find the original owner. To add on, if the device is reported by the owner lost/stolen, the device will be disabled and rendered useless.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I agree with Cer0. There certainly is a way to find the owner, simply turn it into Apple or AT&T like Cer0 said and they can likely find the original owner. To add on, if the device is reported by the owner lost/stolen, the device will be disabled and rendered useless.
    But will I have Apple and/or AT&T trying to "catch" me?(lol) I took out the SIM card.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Nobody is going to "catch" you. The device will become disabled anyhow if the owner decides to report it. If the owner doesn't report it and you don't want to turn it in, that's fine and all. However, I'm sorry to inform you MMi cannot condone guidance on stolen/lost property and aid you if you have any further questions.

/Thread closed

Thank you for your cooperation.