Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using iPhone 3G with AT&T GoPhone Plan

Default Using iPhone 3G with AT&T GoPhone Plan
    I know this question has probably already been answered a TON, but when I did a search it came up with a retarded amount of results that frankly weren't very relevant. I currently have an already activated GoPhone and when I take the SIM card out of that and put it directly into my iPhone 3G, it gives me an Invalid SIM error message. Anyone know how to get the GoPhone SIM to work including data with an iPhone 3G?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try rebooting the device and then placing the sim inside. If it is an att active sim then there shouldnt be any problems with it activating your device. You can always try replacing the sim with a newer one. As far as data goes you'll have to speak with an att csr to establish data if you dont already have it part of your plan.

I tried to restart and then put the SIM card in, but still same error. I just got this GoPhone like a month ago. Now, when I got the phone, it came with 2 SIM cards, a regular one (Blue/Orange ATT) and then one that says "GoPhone SIM" (Orange/White) on it. When I activated the GoPhone I was told to use the GoPhone SIM, could that be the problem?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I had my 3g running on a GoPhone plan before. But that was way back when I was on a prepaid plan. The sim I had was the Blue/White one with the little 3g logo on the front. Why you are having so many problems is beyond me. Normal att sims work to activate iphones usually 100% of the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remix919 View Post
    I tried to restart and then put the SIM card in, but still same error. I just got this GoPhone like a month ago. Now, when I got the phone, it came with 2 SIM cards, a regular one (Blue/Orange ATT) and then one that says "GoPhone SIM" (Orange/White) on it. When I activated the GoPhone I was told to use the GoPhone SIM, could that be the problem?
    If you activated the GoPhone orange/white SIM for use on a prepaid plan, it won't work on your iPhone for a while. The orange/white SIMs have been known to be locked down to a specific GoPhone device for 60-90 days. You might need to see about a SIM replacement (or wait the 60-90 days) if this is true for you.

If you do get a replacement, make sure it is not a orange/white GoPhone SIM.

O, ok, thanks GenesisDH

I ran into the same exact problem. I activated the SIM card using the GoPhone's IMEI not knowing it would be locked to it.

However I simply called 611 on my GoPhone and told them I put the wrong IMEI by accident and wanted to use it on a different phone, they gladly resetted it for me, and I gave them my iPhone 4 IMEI, the representative knew it was an iPhone 4 and told me only talk and text would work. After that I stopped receiving the Invalid SIM errors.

Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it works out

Im in the same boat, Remix919, did it work?