Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone 2.5 success BUT

Default Ziphone 2.5 success BUT
    I upgraded my iphone OTB 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 using itunes. I then used Ziphone 2.5 to get out of DFU mode. After I put in my AT&T sim card, I still see a NO SERVICE sign. I thought the Ziphone unlocks it, too? Am I wrong? Please tell me what to do next. TIA.

no need to unlock with AT&T

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

dimpsogre (2008-03-19)

I know that but how come I still got NO SERVICE?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Try going to settings > general > reset > reset all settings. If this doesnt work you need to do a fresh RESTORE to 1.1.4 the set up the phone as NEW in iTunes.

If the upgrade went properly you would not have had to use ziphone to boot the phone, it should have finished upgrading and booted up normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Try going to settings > general > reset > reset all settings. If this doesnt work you need to do a fresh RESTORE to 1.1.4 the set up the phone as NEW in iTunes.

If the upgrade went properly you would not have had to use ziphone to boot the phone, it should have finished upgrading and booted up normally.
    I did reset all settings but didn't work. Although I have AT&T, it has to be unlock so I can just transfer from my Ericsson to the iphone. I used Ziphone to activate and jailbreak.

You only need to activate (and jailbreak). No unlock neccessary.

Did you make sure you have a new SIM card? Not an old one, but a new(er) 64k (and possibly 3G) one?
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

I placed my current sim from my Ericsson phone and guess what??? It works!!! I am not sure what happened but now it works. I now have AT&T sign on the top left with lots of signals.