Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 4.1 lost connection to 3g

Default iPhone 4 4.1 lost connection to 3g
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem. All of a sudden I noticed last night my phone wasn't able to make or receive calls or texts while on 3G. The 3G symbol was still in the status bar but there where 0 bars. The weird thing was that despite not being able to make or receive calls or SMS I was still able to browse on the internet. I tried a restore but it's still the same. If anyone else is experiencing lost 3G service please post. I'm hoping it's just a problem with the network.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdan24 View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem. All of a sudden I noticed last night my phone wasn't able to make or receive calls or texts while on 3G. The 3G symbol was still in the status bar but there where 0 bars. The weird thing was that despite not being able to make or receive calls or SMS I was still able to browse on the internet. I tried a restore but it's still the same. If anyone else is experiencing lost 3G service please post. I'm hoping it's just a problem with the network.
    Nope I'd say try a new sim if that doesn't fix it it's a hardware issue and off to apple you will go.

jrdn, im not sure if this is relevant but:

I work for att in texas and throughout the last week we have been having a lot of issues with numbers out of the gulf states (LA-FL) not being able to access 3g (meaning no phone calls, but internet and sms usually working). it is a known issue with the powers that be and the high ups in the tech departments and im being told it is actively being worked on. if you have a number out of any of the gulf states, i recommend turning off your 3g (not to be confused with airplane mode)... let it sit for a few minutes, then turn it on. this is reconnecting you to the switch, and i have seen this repair about 50% of the effected users. i do know for a fact if you go get a new sim card, it will make the issue worse and probably prolong the issue. we tried this on a handful of customers and they weren't happy.

if resetting 3g is not successful, call 800-331-0500, ask to be transferred to tier II tech support and have a ticket submitted for your number. be prepared for an hour phone call, because they have to trouble shoot all the possible errors before they can submit a ticket.

hope that helps

I am having a similar problem that it is seemingly only happening in my area and only happening to my iphone 4. My phone will drop bars down to just one bar or no service while "asleep". This has never been an issue before and it is not happening to other AT&T phones in my house. When I go to work about 15 miles away, this problem is non-existant. I am running on 4.0.1 software. I can re-spring, or turn airplane mode on and off and my service will come back for a few minutes. Also if I am messing with the phone browsing the net or anything else (wifi) my service seems to come back after a few minutes. This really makes no sense.

Any ideas or could this be something relating to the OP's post? I live in PA