Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Shared Calendar Alarms

Default Shared Calendar Alarms
    Are there any tweaks that would allow me to turn off the alarms of shared calendars from my wife and sons MobileMe accounts?

-Alfe

From what i can find its a common problem
    You can try and etup calendar as a public calendar (I'd like my events private, and this may not work)
    Turn off calendar notifications on the iPhone (defeats the purpose for your own events)

I'd suggest leaving feedback with MobileMe and iPhone. iCal gives us an option, so we should have an option when publishing (MobileMe) or subscribing (iPhone/iPad/Outlook).

Tell them we had that option with the old calendar subscriptions published from iCal. We had the option when publishing.

this is where you need to go and i guess if multiple people complain you maybe able to get it to change
    Apple - Feedback

Can you not set the events to be global or personal?

Is there not an option when you create the timer?

Does the event still go off if that Calendar Section is off?

Is there a way to turn off the Section in iTunes when you sync?

Hmmm I don't have MobileMe, personally I don't see the point I can sync it myself and not pay out the cash but it seams like this is something that Apple probably has addressed, what if you own a business like Apple and you only want to let 3 ppl out of 50 know of an event like new iPhones(Yummy lol) do you have to make a new MobileMe for this type of activity?

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Can you not set the events to be global or personal?No

Is there not an option when you create the timer?Yes

Does the event still go off if that Calendar Section is off? Not sure but if he turns it off the other people will not get their alerts

Is there a way to turn off the Section in iTunes when you sync?No

Hmmm I don't have MobileMe, personally I don't see the point I can sync it myself and not pay out the cash but it seams like this is something that Apple probably has addressed, what if you own a business like Apple and you only want to let 3 ppl out of 50 know of an event like new iPhones(Yummy lol) do you have to make a new MobileMe for this type of activity? More or less yes
    fixed