Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Special AT&T Promotional Upgrade (Please Read)

Default Special AT&T Promotional Upgrade (Please Read)
    Hi Guys,

I posted my story on iPhone Hacks and I wanted to share it with you guys. As everyone knows AT&T is going to lose exclusivity in a few months and are working their butts off to keep their current iPhone customers.

I have had my iPhone since the 3G came out (2008) and I recently upgraded to the 3GS in August. I couldn't afford an iPhone 4 at the time so a 3GS made iOS 4 bearable. I had to sell the 3GS and downgrade to my old 3G because of an emergency and I needed the money

I just got back from the AT&T store about an hour ago and asked them how much would it cost to upgrade to an iPhone 4. They said it would be the standard price of $599 because I had used up my upgrade. No biggie, I then asked her when I qualified for the next early upgrade (thinking it would be in about 9-12 months) and here is the shocker.

The girl checked on her computer and said I qualified for a "Promotional" upgrade to an iPhone 4 for get this: $399!!!! The girl behind the counter was shocked to say the least and with this horrified look in her face said that "NEVER happens."

It looks like AT&T is going to start waiving the early upgrade fees and pushing the iPhone 4 to entice the current 3GS customers. It made sense because when I bought the 3GS for $100 they said no returns because they were clearing out their stock of 3GS.'

I just want to see if this happened to anyone else and get some feedback. If this is true for everyone and not just the old school iPhone customers then now is the perfect time to upgrade to an iPhone 4. Its great for people who want to get a 3GS too because the price is going to $200 on the craigslist black market.

399 is the early upgrade price thats not a promotion

Yup that's normal. After buying my iPhone 4 on launch day.. Two weeks later I was able to buy another for $399.

Quote Originally Posted by goboom View Post
    Yup that's normal. After buying my iPhone 4 on launch day.. Two weeks later I was able to buy another for $399.
    Yep same thing happened to me, but now it pushed the date back until 2012.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gforce5098 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I posted my story on iPhone Hacks and I wanted to share it with you guys. As everyone knows AT&T is going to lose exclusivity in a few months and are working their butts off to keep their current iPhone customers.

I have had my iPhone since the 3G came out (2008) and I recently upgraded to the 3GS in August. I couldn't afford an iPhone 4 at the time so a 3GS made iOS 4 bearable. I had to sell the 3GS and downgrade to my old 3G because of an emergency and I needed the money

I just got back from the AT&T store about an hour ago and asked them how much would it cost to upgrade to an iPhone 4. They said it would be the standard price of $599 because I had used up my upgrade. No biggie, I then asked her when I qualified for the next early upgrade (thinking it would be in about 9-12 months) and here is the shocker.

The girl checked on her computer and said I qualified for a "Promotional" upgrade to an iPhone 4 for get this: $399!!!! The girl behind the counter was shocked to say the least and with this horrified look in her face said that "NEVER happens."

It looks like AT&T is going to start waiving the early upgrade fees and pushing the iPhone 4 to entice the current 3GS customers. It made sense because when I bought the 3GS for $100 they said no returns because they were clearing out their stock of 3GS.'

I just want to see if this happened to anyone else and get some feedback. If this is true for everyone and not just the old school iPhone customers then now is the perfect time to upgrade to an iPhone 4. Its great for people who want to get a 3GS too because the price is going to $200 on the craigslist black market.
    It depends on the rate plan you have and how much revenue you bring to the company. Everyone with a 3gs will not qualify for an early upgrade. Even if someone buys a Blackberry Torch or Android device the early upgrade price is $200 now and will qualify if they have high revenue . ATT is more concerned about getting people locked in contract with the higher termination fees now i.e. $325. It does seem that Big Red will get a iPhone and most customers will stay with ATT but you will have a few that will jump ship.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker