Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios4 AT&T carrier settings restore

Default ios4 AT&T carrier settings restore
    I selected remove all data and reset network settings from the settings menu and it wacked my carrier settings for AT&T. I have no-service in the upper left corner of the screen and can't make calls. I can't seem to find a way to restore the carrier file. Can someone help?
    THanks,
    -J

2. The Following User Says Thank You to miatawnt2b For This Useful Post:

trantrui85 (2011-02-26)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If your SIM works in other phones, then it sounds like a restore in iTunes is in order for your iPhone.

Did you do 'Erase All Content and Settings' instead for just 'Reset Network Settings?' 'Erase all content...' removes the activation on the phone, so it would need to be reactivated before being used as a phone again.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

ahhhh... ok, that's what happened. Is there a way to re-activate easily in itunes?
    Thanks,
    -J

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    If your SIM works in other phones, then it sounds like a restore in iTunes is in order for your iPhone.

Did you do 'Erase All Content and Settings' instead for just 'Reset Network Settings?' 'Erase all content...' removes the activation on the phone, so it would need to be reactivated before being used as a phone again.
    DONT DO THIS IF YOUR JAILBROKEN OR UNLOCKED

Only thing you can do is restore in iTunes, enter DFU then restore, to enter DFU turn off the iPhone plug it into the computer, hold the home button, press the power button once, when the connect to iTunes appears release the home button

Thanks

I would try downloading the carrier settings from online and then try installing in iTunes while phone is connected then reboot phone by holding lock and home button.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post

Only thing you can do is restore in iTunes, enter DFU then restore, to enter DFU turn off the iPhone plug it into the computer, hold the home button, press the power button once, when the connect to iTunes appears release the home button
    Jailbroken only. Unlocked doesn't matter. It only messes it up if ur jailbroken, and since everything still works (except "no service") I would assume he's not jailbroken. Also "erase all content and settings" should take u straight to the activation screen and the home screen won't be available. A restore isn't necessary. The fact that he got to the home screen after tells me that he did something different (probably reset all settings). In that case, just remove and re-insert ur SIM card
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-10-26 at 08:39 PM.

What if we did do this? how do i fix it?

ohh i have done just about everything on this site to try and fix my phone, i am now in the middle of restoringing the latest stock firmware and going to try and do a restore. but i am affarid i will still have no service,
    Last edited by pedro2576; 2010-10-26 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2576 View Post

What if we did do this? how do i fix it?

ohh i have done just about everything on this site to try and fix my phone, i am now in the middle of restoringing the latest stock firmware and going to try and do a restore. but i am affarid i will still have no service,
    At this point that might be the only option. It should work because you are extracting the software and reinstalling it.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker

Did a restore work for you?

I am in the same boat. JB 4.2.1, no unlock. Have a brand new updated AT&T sim that works in other phones...but i get no service in my iphone 3G.

Don't care about losing the JB...just want phone to work.

Don't worry your still ok, I promise I've been thru every site in the net, modmyi.com has the best resources for us newbei's. Ok I hope you know by know how to put your phone into DMU mode? Make sure when you plug your phone into your computer that it is in DMU mode, seem to work a heck of a lot better. Then when it's stuck with the " plug into iTunes " screen! I got sick of seeing that screen! When you plug it in it should say, you need to update your software or something like that? Not near my computer right now, but do a restore from iTunes, you have to do a complete restore, what I have learned is that it is that you must have a newer version of iphone software including the stock firmware from ITunes to be able to upgrade to. So with that being said, if you can not upgrade to newer software using iTunes then you will have to wait for a newer version to come, or ssh it to your phone, and you need to ask a site admin or one of the tec's on the site to help. Hope this help's

Ohh one last thing just in case you don't know, when you download the software update from iTunes, it should be a pretty big file, like 800 something megs

Ohh one last thing just in case you don't know, when you download the software update from iTunes, it should be a pretty big file, like 800 something megs or something crazy like that, you will know the difference from just updating your iPhone and updating your iPhone software! One is fast one takes awhile, so if it's taking for ever to down load, then hopefully the iPhone gods are smiling on you and you did it right! I know I learned by a whole lot of trial and error and mt.dew and marlboro's figuring things out! But hey that's how I figured out what things were called and got mine working
    Last edited by pedro2576; 2010-11-29 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost