Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Free data??

Banned
    Thanks

Default Free data??
    I've got the shitty 2 gig data plan with a 3GS and 4 lines. Does mywi(or something similar) allow me to getters tethering or something to that effect??
    When I had my Omnia with Verizon, it was normal for me to use 60-75 gigs of data a month with a 5 gig plan and nothin was said or charged extra. Is AT&T dumb like Verizon or what??
    I don't need to tether as I've got my iPhones plus a 10MB Internet connect..was just curious.

Thanks

I'm sure if you go above your alloted 2gb, the system will automatically add an extra gb for an additional charge on your bill. I forgot exactly how much that was. $10?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Volerikan View Post
    I'm sure if you go above your alloted 2gb, the system will automatically add an extra gb for an additional charge on your bill. I forgot exactly how much that was. $10?
    Thats what I was thinking. It's 10$ per gig and thats freakin' ridiculous. Are all carriers now on tiered data unless your granfathered in??

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyperdy View Post
    Thats what I was thinking. It's 10$ per gig and thats freakin' ridiculous. Are all carriers now on tiered data unless your granfathered in??
    Verizon offers unlimited lmao

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    Verizon offers unlimited lmao
    At least for now...
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    At least for now...
    I think verizon already canceled their unlimited...or at least they said they would. T-mobile and sprint are the only ones left..and simple mobile of course

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I think verizon already canceled their unlimited...or at least they said they would. T-mobile and sprint are the only ones left..and simple mobile of course
    they still offer it right now.. to be sure i checked verizon site

yea i just checked and its said to happen in 4-6 months, but some websites say that it will happen on October 28..don't think any of this is official though, but you'll find a lot of info if u google it
    Verizon to Change Mobile-Data Plans - WSJ.com

yea i just checked and its said to happen in 4-6 months, but some websites say that it will happen on October 28..don't think any of this is official though, but you'll find a lot of info if u google it
    Verizon to Change Mobile-Data Plans - WSJ.com
    Idk idc tbh prob same as you.. I already grandfathered in with att so **** it.. You got unlimited? And what carrier do you use cuzz if i can find cheaper im switching carriers

i have tmobile and its a lot cheaper than AT&T if you dont mind edge..I would switch to AT&T if they had no-contract plans, but every plan needs one so im sticking with tmobile until H2O releases an unlimited data plan.
    simple mobile is a lot cheaper too but again, no 3G
    if u switch you can sell your plan to someone and make some quick money...a lot of people will pay to get into that unlimited data plan..including me =D

i have tmobile and its a lot cheaper than AT&T if you dont mind edge..I would switch to AT&T if they had no-contract plans, but every plan needs one so im sticking with tmobile until H2O releases an unlimited data plan.
    simple mobile is a lot cheaper too but again, no 3G
    if u switch you can sell your plan to someone and make some quick money...a lot of people will pay to get into that unlimited data plan..including me =D
    Ill check into tmobile coverage around here it used to suck but theyve put up a couple new towers and edge dont bother me im always using it anyway cuzz i hate the battery drain of 3g