Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT unlimited plan switching to new one?

Default ATT unlimited plan switching to new one?
    this is my first phone with apple. I recently jailbroke iphone 4 and plugged in my simcard that was cut. i have the unlimited data and txt plan and was using it with another unlocked phone for over a year. at&t has told me that since my unlimited plan is not registered under a smartphone i cannot keep that plan and need to switch to the new limited data plans. for first two days things were fine and then i get a txt saying i'll be automatically switched to a new data plan. my new billing cycle is today and as of now it still states i have unlimited plan but the only thing that is not working now is the internet part. it says on iphone that i dont have a cellular connection. anyone experience this? is it a problem i call at&t and have them resolved? i am at point where if they want to force me to get the new plan, what choice do i have attitude.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

Go there on your iPhone, and create a NEW CUSTOM APN for your carrier, save it, reboot, and your Cellular Connection issue should be fixed.

You bought your iPhone through ATT? If not, then did u try your sim card with the standard unlimited data package u had before?

thanks karloz25. it worked. ive got at&t. does this effect the plan in anyway?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Check your bill next month to see if they changed it to a limited data plan is all you can do now. The APN installer will allow you to access your current data plan, but it is unclear if AT&T will pull the switch on you.

They do know and will know when you use your iPhone, even if you momentarily switch to a regular phone and switch back, I believe. If they do change your plan, I'm pretty sure that's what you're gonna be stuck with.

I've heard of people telling AT&T they've decided they like their unlimited plan and will keep using a regular phone, they prove they're using a regular phone, then AT&T didn't bother anymore. But I don't know if they'll come back and look at your account and try to make a switch again.