Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Moving to an area that has no coverage?

Default Moving to an area that has no coverage?
    Hey,

Anyone know what AT&T's policy is on moving to an area that has little to no coverage? Do they still make you pay the ETF if you port out or do they waive it with proper proof of the move?

Thanks.
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I would call at&t and ask.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If it's to a location outside the US or to a Military post, they tend to waive the ETF if verifiable documentation is given.
    Otherwise, they tend to say 'pay the ETF' because basically it's your responsibility to fulfill your end of the contact and they have roaming limit clauses in their contracts. The one case they will default on the contract is if they cut native coverage from the area you're serviced for (which rarely happen unless a acquisition is involved).

There's been mentions on HowardForums that AT&T might let you remove every feature and have you pay a small fee every month until the contract ends (somewhere around $10-20/month) as a measure to keep from defaulting on the contracted service.

Either way, I'd second the suggestion posted above, as at&t will be the only ones that will give you options.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Make a call to Att if you can prove that you have no coverage with in a 10 mile radius they will wave your ETF.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi