Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just got this message from AT&T

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I believe as long as you had the unlimited data plan before they stopped providing it, you can still have it on your existing plan.

I'm not sure about the $20/$30 thing tho. On T-Mobile (that's what I had for about 2 years until I switched) you can have a grandfathered plan and pricing (5.99 T-Zones) so I'm assuming AT&T might keep you on $20 unlimited data if that's what you've alway had.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-10 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah the reason I was wondering was that at some point they made 1st gen users get the $30 plan if they were new users. So I am not sure if the OP was a $20 or $30 dollar customer.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Makes sense. But yeah $20/$30 doesn't matter to me, if I could get the unlimited plan I'd be happy lol. OP gets to keep it then, lucky.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I couldn't wait. I will have every new iPhone every July
    If it wasn't for the white one I would have bought in July myself. This is the first time I didn't jump at it. I keep thinking how nice the next one will be! lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    It means you can't have an unlimited data plan if you didn't have it before they stopped providing it. Regardless of which phone, all new customers only have the option of a 2GB $25 data plan or a 200MB $15 data plan.
    Oh. Yeah. I have the unlimited plan right now. I have the 2g, and have had it ever since it first came out. BTW, who's "OP"?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just found out people are selling these phones for over $600. Could I get it, sell it to some random person and later pick up a new iPhone through ATT and keep the extra cash or is that against some set of regulations?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

People buy the phones with a discount all the time and sell them. But it will wipe your upgrade promotion off. So if you plan on getting another phone before a year or two then you will have to pay full price since you already used your early upgrade promotion.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    If it wasn't for the white one I would have bought in July myself. This is the first time I didn't jump at it. I keep thinking how nice the next one will be! lol
    I would have just bought the black and sold for a white one when they finally dropped

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    People buy the phones with a discount all the time and sell them. But it will wipe your upgrade promotion off. So if you plan on getting another phone before a year or two then you will have to pay full price since you already used your early upgrade promotion.
    I guess I could settle for a LG CU500 from eBay. What's the going rate for these nib iPhone 4s?

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I would have just bought the black and sold for a white one when they finally dropped
    Yeah I should have. Not going to wait next time. Normally I buy when they come out. Don't ask me why I waited this time. Now I guess I have to wait for the next one because it's to late for the iPhone4.

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    Makes sense. But yeah $20/$30 doesn't matter to me, if I could get the unlimited plan I'd be happy lol. OP gets to keep it then, lucky.
    I believe if u already have the $20 unlimited data u will get the $30 unlimited plan when u get the iPhone 4. I know my friend had a first gen iPhone and recently found a iPhone 3G. He later got a text message about having to go to the $30 unlimited plan.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123