Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just got this message from AT&T

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

He is always interested in buying them. He buys them and sends them to Nigeria. And no it is not a scam. He was a co-worker and like I said always pays me upon or before I give him the phone. He buys them for the current going rate on ebay. He doesn't know how to fully use ebay so often times he has me buy the ones on there for him too.

He buys cars at auctions here and ships them to Nigeria. And as promotional items he gives away iPhones to people that buy a car from his dealership there.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    I was waiting for the white iPhone 4 but it has yet to come out. So at this point I think I am fine skipping the iPhone 4 and getting the next gen.
    Doing the same thing I guess.... its been awful waiting for the white one... they say it will be out at Xmas time but I can upgrade in March so might as well wait for the next version...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Doing the same thing I guess.... its been awful waiting for the white one... they say it will be out at Xmas time but I can upgrade in March so might as well wait for the next version...
    Exactly. No use now if the wait almost half over.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

This is the first time I had to go without the upgrade.... and it has been a frustrating experience... lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I couldn't wait. I will have every new iPhone every July

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I couldn't wait. I will have every new iPhone every July
    I'm sure being a big baller like you, it isn't a financial problem to do so lol :P

Thanks

SB you will have every iDevice and AppleTV every release day. And not just one you will buy at least 5. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

hahaha you two

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    SB you will have every iDevice and AppleTV every release day. And not just one you will buy at least 5. lol
    You have me pegged
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2010-10-08 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'll go into a ATT retail store this weekend, and will pick it up if they keep their word. When I got my first iPhone I had to activate it using iTunes like everybody else. Well now, my PC is messed up and will only run in safe mode. Thus meaning I will not be able to sync my iPhone. Do I need iTunes to activate the new iPhone 4 or will ATT handle that for me?
    Last edited by mkvelidadon; 2010-10-08 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Replaced "buy it" with "pick it up." :)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Get a new one. You've had the same phone for two or three years, right? It's time for a change. Change is good.

Thanks

I'm more than likely going to wait until the next version. I'm good with my 3GS.

No u need iTunes to activate..idk if they do that for u, but if not, u can just go to a library or something.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

They will activate it. They activated my iP4s when I bought them. It's just you'll need to have iTunes in the future if you wanna restore and sync and stuff anyway...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If I do pick it up, I'll pick up two pieces, one for myself and another for the girlfriend. Could you guys list some essentials? My iPhone 2g got completely messed up, I'm guessing due to poor quality cases, over years of course. I'm interested in the APL2-I4XXX-20-C4OTR case, will that be enough?

Also, anybody have a iPhone family plan? I have a family plan at the moment with a iPhone 2G and a old Samsung phone. The AT&T lists a $89.00 price for a two line family plan. Anybody have it? I'm guessing it will sum up to $120 a month?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So how is this going to work with your data plan? Will they stick it to you by making you get the 2Gig/$25 a month plan? You will love the 3G if you get it, but if I were you I would skip it altogether and head straight for the 3GS or i4. I have the 3GS and am fighting the urge to move up to the i4. I got the wife one and I have to say I am envious.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well if I understand it correctly, the family plan will come with ulimited data. All of this is sounding too good to be true, and I have a feeling it won't go smoothly once I start asking questions at a retail store.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You will get a choice of $15 for 200MB or 2GB for $25 a month. AT&T no longer offers unlimited data plans (unless grandfathered, so new users don't get that option)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    You will get a choice of $15 for 200MB or 2GB for $25 a month. AT&T no longer offers unlimited data plans (unless grandfathered, so new users don't get that option)
    grandfathered?
    Oh. You mean upgrading to the 3G or any later generation, and once owning the 2g iPhone?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It means you can't have an unlimited data plan if you didn't have it before they stopped providing it. Regardless of which phone, all new customers only have the option of a 2GB $25 data plan or a 200MB $15 data plan.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I was wondering more along the lines of this: When I had the 1st gen I payed $20 for unlimited even after the 2nd gen was released and their data plan was bumped to $30. If you pay $20 for unlimited now will they grandfather you to $30 unlimited? It is not a new account. That is the stipulation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast