Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VoiceMail Messages

Default VoiceMail Messages
    I JB my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe.com and everything was working fine, until today when I was having problems with my GPS accuracy. I decided to restore and upgrade to iOS 4.1.
    After doing that I receive "12 VOICEMAILS" that I didn't get before. Does anyone have this problem before? NOT GETTING VOICEMAILS NOTIFICATIONS!

DanX73

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same issue here with voicemail notifications. My client left me a voicemail at 10:30am last Friday and the notification didn't show up until 9:00pm that night. I left myself a test voicemail at about 9:00am today -- 5 hours later and still no notification.

I also have an iPhone 4 with JB'd iOS 4.0.1.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That sometimes happen across at&t's system, not just to iPhones. Long before the iPhone came out my mom would not receive voicemail notifications for hours after they're made. It ended up being a problem on at&t's/Cingular's end, due to some provisioning error.

If it continues to happen quite often, you might call Customer Care to get your voicemail {re}set.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

I did some more testing and it's not an AT&T vmail issue. When I go into Safe Mode, voicemail notifications work properly. I'll start disabling Mobile Substrate Add-Ons and see which one is the culprit. Good times.

Sure would be nice if you could see when your items were installed or last updated on your device in Cydia.

Thanks

Culprit identified: Backgrounder. For months, I've had an exception setup for Phone to disallow backgrounding. For some reason, that exception now presents issues with vmail. When was Backgrounder last updated? I vaguely remember updating it a week or two ago, but not sure.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bpdunsta View Post
    Culprit identified: Backgrounder. For months, I've had an exception setup for Phone to disallow backgrounding. For some reason, that exception now presents issues with vmail. When was Backgrounder last updated? I vaguely remember updating it a week or two ago, but not sure.
    Ah...
    Reset your exception to be set to native. That should fix your issue for the future.

I forgot about that. I had the same thing, but it was always the case when phone was set to not background. It's because the phone app has to be 'active' in order for CommCenter to send notifications to it. Go figure.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    That sometimes happen across at&t's system, not just to iPhones. Long before the iPhone came out my mom would not receive voicemail notifications for hours after they're made. It ended up being a problem on at&t's/Cingular's end, due to some provisioning error.

If it continues to happen quite often, you might call Customer Care to get your voicemail {re}set.
    Yes I had that problem today when I came into replace my ip4. I was receiving voicemails that I haven't heard for a long time, and it kept asking me to reenter my password too. The apple rep said call 611 and reset your voicemail and password. They will send you a txt message and it will resolve the issue. I tried it and it works.

So try calling 611 if the problem persists.