Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mms 2g 3.1.3 att

Default Mms 2g 3.1.3 att
    I have a 2G iphone on 3.1.3 (7E18). I was able to jailbreak the phone without any problems.

Cydia is installed. ActivateMMS (2G) 3.1.3 and Supreme Preferences 3.0 are installed.

Under settings ->Supreme Preferences 3.0 -> Applications -> Messaging, MMS Messaging is on.

Under settings ->Supreme Preferences 3.0 -> Applications -> Phone -> Cellular data Network appears. I have the following APN settings:

APN wap.cingular
    Username [email protected]
    Password CINCULAR1

Carrier info - ATT 5.6

The camera icon does not appear. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided and for all the help the topics in this forum have provided in getting me this far.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did the General--->Network--->Cellular Data Network option give you a MMS-specific set of fields, which includes a field to put in a MMSC and/or a max message size? It should say MMS, not Cellular Data or Visual Voicemail, in the grey area above the fields if it does offer them.

To me it sounds like you have an old AT&T carrier file installed. If you're 'legit' and on an iPhone plan, you should be able to install the latest ipcc file from Apple and put it into your phone (google for more info). Otherwise you might consult with StealthBravo about getting & installing his ipcc file into your phone.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks for responding.

I am on an AT&T plan. When I go into Gerneral -> Network -> Cellular Data, I only see APN, username and password. Do you know what version of the ipcc file I need? Will I need to edit the file in any way?
    Last edited by capecod97; 2010-09-21 at 02:09 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Samesies
    I'm having trouble with This too. I've tried the "Activate MMS 2g 3.1.3" patch from smart-mobile and that does absolutely nothing, during the install in the cydia install terminal I notice FAILED in front of a line. It reads like this "usr/sbin/BTserver: FAILED". Sooo idk what all that is about. I uninstalled that and installed another MMS patch from iFon1 repository. The patch is just called "MMS for 2g on 3.1.3" When I installed this I get the camera icon and MMS seems to be enabled but if I try to send a MMS it fails right at the very end of sending it, I can't receive MMS either. I went into my settings and I don't have anything to change any of the options for APN or Cellular Data, I only have a Data Roaming toggle, Internet Tethering, VPN, and WiFi. So it seems that the patch it self is working as my bluetooth is also enabled and functioning. The only I can think of is my APN settings are not right, but I can't get to them. I searched even further on google and other mod sites like redmond pie and saw that someone told someone else to install supreme preferences 3.0. So I tried that still nothing. I am starting to think it would almost be easier to downgrade to 3.1.2 but I want to make sure I exhaust every resource I have, before going and downgrading since it is really something I don't want to have to do.

Here's my info, iPhone 2g running 3.1.3, I have AT&T but it's not an iPhone plan, but it is an unlimited plan that includes calls, texting, and MMS. the only thing I don't have is unlimited data. So I nothing there is stopping me either. I'm running Windows XP Pro service pack 3, with iTunes version: 9.2.0.61

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

::UPDATE::

I did some more searching and finally changed my APN and made sure everything was set for AT&T using OpenSSH. Still stuck with the same problem tho, Picture message gets almost all the way to the end of the sending progress bar than fails.
    Last edited by StickmanProductions; 2010-09-22 at 10:59 AM. Reason: ADDED AN UPDATE

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sounds like at&t still blocks MMS on 2G iphone IMEIs, regardless of plan... Go figure.

I'd try SIM-swapping with a a 3G-capable iPhone or another phone for a few hours and then swap back to try again.