Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G[s] not connecting to internet

Default iPhone 3G[s] not connecting to internet
    I have an iPhone3G[s] and I previously had it jail-broken with blackra1n on 3.1.2 but my phone screwed up so I updated to 4.1 like an idiot and then I downgraded back to 4.0.1 and used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak and my phone worked fine for like a week. I woke up this morning and my phone said I had 3g and phone service but anytime I tried to do anything it would say "could not activate cellular network", "couldn't connect to the internet", or "couldn't reach server", while it still said that I had/have 3g and phone reception. If I connect to wifi that works, but the 3G doesn't work. My girlfriend's phone did the exact same thing this morning, her phone is an iPhone3G[S] with 4.0.1 jail-broken with jailbreakme.com, but she never updated to 4.1 or anything. I really don't know what is up with it, and I can't imagine it is just a coincidence.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Are you on an iPhone unlimited or iPhone-specific DataPlus/DataPro data plan? If so, then you shouldn't have data problems. You might swap your SIM into your girlfriend's phone (or into any phone) and see if you get data running. If so, then a firmware restore might be in order. If it isn't working on other phones, call Customer Care.

If you're not on a iPhone data plan, then you're gonna have to patch up CommCenter and install a mobileconfig or ipcc file that'll work for you. Google for more info on that. That's also assuming data works on other phones via your plan.

Hope this helps.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

ADDENDUM: if both your iPhone and her iPhone are not connecting to 3G or EDGE, then it's very possible there is a problem with data service in your general area. That can happen due to various factors, including user congestion (I get that a lot during home football games) and backhaul problems.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave