Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2g- 3g transition

Default iPhone 2g- 3g transition
    So i had an iphone 2g. At&t blocks iphone 2g from sending mms so for the longest time i couldnt send mms. Now i have an iphone 3g and still cant send mms. Anyone have any insight? I have mms on my plan and all other phones on my plan (mom and dads blackberrys) can all send MMS. So im wondering, how do i get att to stop blocking my number from sending mms.

Thanks

I had this problem also and come to find out, I had to be in an area with 3G to send MMS. I can still receive them either way. May not b the same with u.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you have MMS enable under Messages and Reset Data and Network settings.

worse comes to worse call at&t.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Are you on an old 2G iPhone data plan in any way? That might be why AT&T's blocking MMS (AT&T still blocked most 2G postpaid users from using MMS even after the 3G got the MMS update, it was done to make sure people used the right plan for the right phone... ugh). This was the case even if Family Messaging plans that would allow for MMS use were on the line.

If you are on the 'cheaper' 2G iPhone data plan, you'll probably need to call CS to get a valid 3G iPhone plan put on (since you had the 2G, you should be able to get the grandfathered unlimited plan for $30 still). That should get things working correctly again.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2010-08-31 at 03:18 PM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave