Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS with No Data Plan

Ok need some advice. I have jb 3gs 4.0.1. My son has a plan w att when he had different phone, and his plan includes unlimited msg, internet, etc..
    His phone broke so i let him use my jb iphone. When he tries to get online, he gets message that he doesnt have data plan>??
    I had him turn off cellular data under settings, but shouldnt he still be able to access internet with the plan that he already has, using edge? any helpt would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by jbaladez; 2010-09-09 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbaladez View Post
    Ok need some advice. I have jb 3gs 4.0.1. My son has a plan w att when he had different phone, and his plan includes unlimited msg, internet, etc..
    His phone broke so i let him use my jb iphone. When he tries to get online, he gets message that he doesnt have data plan>??
    I had him turn off cellular data under settings, but shouldnt he still be able to access internet with the plan that he already has, using edge? any helpt would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.
    No, if he wants cellular data on an iPhone, he will need to pay for an iPhone data plan. The other plan you're talking about won't work.

here is how i took the plan off from my dads 3gs. Got a regular phone (razr V9) called Att and told them I wanted to disable internet on the Razr, so they did that. After doing that I took out the sim from the V9 and poped it into the 3gs, and now runing iphone with no data plan for almost a year now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12