Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T data

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default AT&T data
    Im switching to AT&T and getting the iPhone 4 next month. I was wondering if any of you 4 users know if 2GB of data is enough? Im an avid web user. On T-Mobile right now, and on an iPhone 3G, I barely reach 1GB of data use and thats on EDGE.

Im assuming i will use up more data cuz then Ill be able to utitlize 3G speeds on AT&T with my new 4. Im afraid I will go over the 2GB max limit though. Do you guys think 2GB on 3G speed is enough for someone who uses 1GB on EDGE?

Yes you should be fine.
    Advice i give all my customers is dont download apps or music to the phone, do it from a computer and sync the phone up to it that way you dont waste your 2g internet on downloads.
    Att.com has a data calculator to give you a guesstiment on what 2g of internet will give you.
    go to att.com and search data calc it will come up like the first one or two in the search

Id have to try to get past 2gb lol.

You can also download an app from the appstore by att called mywireless.
    It shows all your usage stats incl. mins, sms, data.
    Its very convenient, far better than their website.

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    Id have to try to get past 2gb lol.

You can also download an app from the appstore by att called mywireless.
    It shows all your usage stats incl. mins, sms, data.
    Its very convenient, far better than their website.
    Right but he is trying to figure out what 2 gig is before he gets it so that app isnt very helpful when he doesnt have service with att lol

I recently started a new job and commute about 1-1.5 hours a day (one way) depending on traffic. Because of the distance, stations fade in and out so I listen to for at least 2 hours a day while driving. Even with this on top of everything else I haven't come close to using 2GB. And I think they make it pretty easy to upgrade in case you end up needing to.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks for all the responses, guys. Im not concerned about general usage now. I feel 2GB is enough for how much I use the web. Although, what about YouTube? And facetime (of course running My3G so I dont need wifi)?

Will the two of those things suck up a lot of data? I know its 1GB for $10 if I go over my 2GB limit, and thats ok sometimes, but I dont want it happening every month. Haha man Im hating AT&T's capped data plans now.

I thought it was all good since I only use 1.2 GB on T-Mo but then realized that ive been on EDGE and thats about to change.

I'm glad i'm still on my unlimited plan---I've used 7GB this month already.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ok...and how is this relevant to my question? Its obvious new AT&T users cant get unlimited so what was the point of that?