Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activated 2g iPhone Unlimited Data Plan - MMS Not Working/Plan Confusion

Default Activated 2g iPhone Unlimited Data Plan - MMS Not Working/Plan Confusion
    Hey received my iPhone 4 yesterday. I activated the mini-sim with my iPhone 2g and chose the unlimited data plan for $20. I then quickly put the mini-sim card into my iPhone 4.

However I'm a little confused with the data plan I actually have. On my AT&T online account page it shows:

It shows that I have 1500 TXT however here it shows different.

Also my MMS is now working. I can't send MMS and when someone sent me a MMS(T-Mobile) it forwarded me to a website with a login and password.

So first and foremost do I have 200 or 1500 TXT? Also is there a way to fix the MMS?

Double post.

Anyone have an idea what's going on? Also just noticed it doesn't recognize the iPhone. Another thing too is when clicking to upgrade my phone line it still showed as though I was eligible for an upgrade. It showed I could get another iPhone at the subsidized price.
    Last edited by Maric; 2010-08-06 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes the 2g on Att does not send mms you have to get a jailbroken mms app like swirly or bite SMS. Att sees that u don't have a 3G data plan and you can't send mms over 2g or edge service. Call in say you have a iPhone 4 now and would like to switch your ul plan over to the iPhone 4 they should give u the unlimited data option

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    Yes the 2g on Att does not send mms you have to get a jailbroken mms app like swirly or bite SMS. Att sees that u don't have a 3G data plan and you can't send mms over 2g or edge service. Call in say you have a iPhone 4 now and would like to switch your ul plan over to the iPhone 4 they should give u the unlimited data option
    Don't call AT&T - there's a high probability they will put you on a capped (2GB) data plan. Just put the sim into your iPhone 4 and wihtin 4 hours you will receive an automated text that you have been moved to an appropriate data plan for iPhone. You can then log into to AT&T and will see that you have been moved to the unlimited 3G data plan. The iPhone 4 will send/receive MMS messages just fine once this has taken place.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jkwireless For This Useful Post:

cper (2011-01-05)