Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlimted data loop hole CONFIRMED! You can stilll get it!

Default Unlimted data loop hole CONFIRMED! You can stilll get it!
    YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO AN 2G IPHONE for this to work. heres the short story: new att customer last week. Bought an aria with the 2Gig data plan, took it back within the 30 days. told them i wanted a new iphone, they had to order it. I said fine, in the meantime i will use this (my friends) 2g iphone. they said they will have to change my plan to the iphone 2g plan which is $20/month UNLIMITED data and 200 text plan as it is the ONLY plan available for the iphone 2g. they said they will change it back when my iphone arrives. I say ok. Heres the kicker; So my new iphone arrives, i refuse to let them activate in the store. I take it home, cut the original iphone sim to fit the new the iphone 4, activate it on itunes. Set the internet to edge only, everything works fine. 3 days later i get a text saying i need to upgrade my data plan. So i call custumer service. NOT THE STORE I BOUGHT IT FROM. I tell them that i have a 2g iphone, and that i bought the new iphone and need to upgrade the data plan. He says since i already have an unlimted plan, i can keep it and get the now-not-offered unlimited $30 3g plan. I say OK. I was expecting a fight, but it went without a hitch. I knew it would work, because it gave me the option for unlimited 3g on the ATT website. The loophole is that any one with a current unlimited data plan is elegible to keep it when upgrading to the I4, and since the iphone 2g is the only smart phone that only offers an unlimited data plan, you are elegible to keep it regardless of when you joined ATT ( I joined long after they stopped offering unlimited 3g to new customers). I basically started with the 2gig plan, switched to the unlimted Iphone 2g plan, and when i tried to switch back to the 2gig plan, i was informed i could keep the unlimted. good luck!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only caveat to this: if you a get a discount from school, work, or other entity, kiss it goodbye if your 'old' iPhone 2G is the primary line. FAN service discounts on the iPhone 2G-original line will get removed permanently going this route. Even after changing to the 3G plan, thr discount will not return.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

mbeezy81 (2010-07-19)

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

wait you can get a student discount from att?... please explain

Is there another loophole after you buy the iphone 4 as a new customer?

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

how much did you pay for your iphone 4?... did you pay full 599 or 199... because I was wondering If I went into ATT with a 1st gen phone and got a basic voice plan and the unlimited data if I would be able to go in 2 weeks later to purchase an iphone 4 at the discounted price of 199..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, I must be grandfathered with our work FAN, then. I assume this must be a fairly recent change?

SPITFIRE,

I know that you posted this a while ago, but I would appreciate it if you helped me!

Did you have to give AT&T your iPhone 4 "IMEI" number when you called them after receiving the "upgrade your data plan" text message?

Or does AT&T think that you are using an iPhone 2G when you are actually using an iPhone 4?

Thank you very much!

- David

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Would this work on upgrading my current 2g to a 4g, but with a new family plan?