Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Gophone Data Plan on iPhone 3G

  1. #1
    Default Gophone Data Plan on iPhone 3G
    I have a iphone 3g with a gophone sim installed working perfectly. I tired getting data running on it today and have been unsuccessful. I've tried a few apn programs and still no luck. I'm running os4 if that makes a difference.

  2. #2
    Same thing here. I have been looking around to find an answer, but haven't seen anything

  3. #3
    People claim to be able to do it.

  4. #4
    I had it running for over a year, until i upgraded to ios4. Still haven't found an answer other than possibly setting up the phone as a new one. Trying my best to avoid that one.

  5. #5
    Still looking for an answer to the issue. Someone must have solved this issue.

    Got it working. I dont know if you can or have to with other os's. But for ios4 you have to reset the network connections, settings>general>reset>reset network connections. You will have to setup any wifi pw you had, but it seems to be working.
    Last edited by gadget; 2010-07-09 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know ;)
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    i just went to the unlockit.co.nz site and selected the US AT&T bundle and it worked fine. if that doesnt solve your problem then download the latest redsn0w and jailbreak/rejailbreak (cydia unchecked if already jailbroken of course)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by devteamtools View Post
    i just went to the unlockit.co.nz site and selected the US AT&T bundle and it worked fine. if that doesnt solve your problem then download the latest redsn0w and jailbreak/rejailbreak (cydia unchecked if already jailbroken of course)
    I wanted to stay away from jail breaking right now since I don't need to. The thing runs slow enough on ios4. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the cost of the gophone data. I know they do it that way to push people into signing contracts. I don't use it for a lot of talking, mostly texting but would like to use data if necessary.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    You are correct. You can go here Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone and it will install the custom apn for you, but you need to use your phone to do this (wifi).
    lol, i was just gonna tell you that i went there and got mine working... great minds think alike, huh?

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    631
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 77 Times in 74 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    I wanted to stay away from jail breaking right now since I don't need to. The thing runs slow enough on ios4. The one thing I'm not crazy about is the cost of the gophone data. I know they do it that way to push people into signing contracts. I don't use it for a lot of talking, mostly texting but would like to use data if necessary.
    If the solution devteamtools posted didn't work (the unlockit site), then you're pretty much forced to jailbreak.

    iOS4 requires digital signatures on all carrier settings, including APNs, by default. Most of the unsigned means to modify APN settings (including most mobileconfigs) are no longer valid unless one jailbreaks using the most recent redsn0w/PwnageTool, as they patch this signature requirement.

    Removing the carrier bundle and manually putting in your own settings after removal and reboot would work (this is what I did), but that still requires a jailbreak.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

    gadget (2010-07-11)

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    If the solution devteamtools posted didn't work (the unlockit site), then you're pretty much forced to jailbreak.

    iOS4 requires digital signatures on all carrier settings, including APNs, by default. Most of the unsigned means to modify APN settings (including most mobileconfigs) are no longer valid unless one jailbreaks using the most recent redsn0w/PwnageTool, as they patch this signature requirement.

    Removing the carrier bundle and manually putting in your own settings after removal and reboot would work (this is what I did), but that still requires a jailbreak.
    Thanks for this info.

  14. #13
    Hey guys,
    I have been a tracfone customer for 5 years now. I am interested in using a smartphone especially an iphone. I would be willing to use at&t's gophone (prepay) service on an iphone but am unsure about the process. Does the iphone 3GS or 4G have to be jailbroken? Or, is it just as simple as putting a gophone sim card into the iphone. Thanks for any help with this. I have some electronics experience, but know little about phone hardware.

  15. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ventura, California, United States
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    the phone does not have to be jailbroken to use it on ATT's Go Phone.. But you will need an ATT Sim Card that isnt tied to a specific phone.. You cant walk into wal-mart and use the sim card out of Go Phone that you purchase.. You will neeed a brand new ATT Sim card , It can be activated on att's website and for the Phone Serial # type in a random one ( Thats What I Did)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •