Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T charged for iPhone pre-order then money refunded?

Default AT&T charged for iPhone pre-order then money refunded?
    So I just checked my bank statement, and saw that the money that had been taken out of my account on 6/16 when I pre-ordered my iPhone 4 is back in my account, and the AT&T charge is no longer listed. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have my receipt still and will go in there screaming if they canceled my order for some reason. I just looked online and it says the order is still in progress and has not yet shipped. With only 1 day left I don't see how it could have not shipped yet, and it's not like the money wasn't there for the bank to have declined the charge and mess up the order.

I paid with my card at the AT&T store and the charge was immediate, even though my receipt says that I was not going to be charged until the phone was shipped. Could this be why the money went back to my account? I'm really confused here and plan on going into AT&T tomorrow to figure this out, but I'm hoping someone here has answers for me in the meantime.
    MY PHONE TIMELINE:

it wasn't a charge only hold on funds which usually falls off within 24hr...your card will be charged when phone is shipped, AT&t website said my phone was shipped 6/17 but my account shows no money taken by att

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:

Eleni (2010-06-23)

Thanks. I talked to a customer service rep not too long ago who said that both my order and my boyfriend's order were listed on our account so I guess we're just going to have to wait and see what happens Thursday when we go to AT&T.
    MY PHONE TIMELINE: