Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: im with ATT if i sell my iPhone can I use the sim with regular phone for time being?

Exclamation im with ATT if i sell my iPhone can I use the sim with regular phone for time being?
    so i sold my iphone 3gs and am currently still tied to the contract. i didnt terminate my contract because im waiting to "upgrade" to the new one.

but for the time being - would it be ok if i put my old iphone sim card in a cheap razr phone and use it (till i get the new iphone)?

any advice would be appreciated. i dont really want to call att and tell them i sold my old iphone. and if i can use the sim on a different phone till i get the new one.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You will be fine as long as the razr is an AT&T razr or an unlocked razr

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-06-18)

i think it is ATT well it should be, the razr doesnt have service but i had it on ATT before i got my iphone. i can confirm the razr works when i put my iphone sim in it.

thing is it also shows up under mywireless account when i log in that im using a razr, i dont want it to mess with anything as far as my iphone data or contract because i do want to "upgrade" and keep my unlimited data plan

will i be safe using it?
    Last edited by bobright; 2010-06-18 at 11:07 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

As long as you don't remove the plan via OLAM or CS (I suggest not even talking to CS at all), your upgrade should go fine w/ unlimited data.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-06-18)

I'm doing this same thing right now. I have an old nokia e71x for now. I figured it wouldn't be much different than if you sent your phone to apple and had to use a different phone.

Yea hope so ive got the razr hooked up right now, if my dataplan or hopes of a discounted upgrade are shattered for using this phone it would suck, but im taking ya word for it Genesis lol

your good log into your acc on line and you can see you iphone data plan is still on...if you wanna pay it w/o using it at&t wont mind

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tacfe For This Useful Post:

bobright (2010-06-19)

Quote Originally Posted by tacfe View Post
    your good log into your acc on line and you can see you iphone data plan is still on...if you wanna pay it w/o using it at&t wont mind
    lol ur right

I can see it there still - and as far as paying for it without using it I dont mind 2-3 weeks till I get the new phone. As long as I avoid any termination of service (which i plan on keeping), and get the upgrade eligible price of $299 its all good.