Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T has charged my account a 3rd time now!

Default AT&T has charged my account a 3rd time now!
    Regarding iPhone 4 pre-order...this makes 3 charges as of today! I now have 8 over draft charges on my account because of it. I will never order online again with them or Apple, instead I will go into a store. They should be penalized for this crap and not just be able to get away with it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Print out your bank statement for those overdraft charges and take it to the nearest AT&T store asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Regarding iPhone 4 pre-order...this makes 3 charges as of today! I now have 8 over draft charges on my account because of it. I will never order online again with them or Apple, instead I will go into a store. They should be penalized for this crap and not just be able to get away with it.

Did you use a Debit credit card when ordering? Becuase this is what i was told would happen if a debit card was used to preorder by AT&T and Apple Reps.

Yes I did, AT&T said if you used a debit card you would be charged immediately rather then when it shipped, I read nothing about double/tripple charges if you did so.

Anyways I ended up having to go into my bank this morning and I talked with the branch manager and explained everything to him that was going on. At first he was like "all I can do is refund you two of the 8 charges" and I was like that is unacceptable man I need my money! He said even if I refunded all of the charges you are still missing 208.95 for the phone and I'm like how? I had 210.00 left in my account to use for the phone even though I still had pending transactions that had not yet been posted but had already been deducted from the available balance. So I'm like missing 208.95 plus the negative over draft charges...I was litterly almost crying in the bank because I was being so screwed.

He asked me if I had tried calling AT&T, telling me they are responsible for your charges man, not us it was their error. While I totally agree with that I had already called AT&T, spoke with some ******* in online sales named "John" and he hung up on me after telling me "we are not responsible for your over draft fees!" So let me get this straight, you charge my card 3 times for one product, I get hundreds of dollars in fees from my bank but you are not responsible? If it wasn't for AT&T having holds over the phone, I would have told them to "F" themselves and gone to another carrier but...

Anyways the bank manager felt so bad for me he ended up eating his own words and not only credited my account all of the fees (almost 300 bucks in total) but then also gave me my 208.95 back...we still can't figure out what happened to that. After thanking him over and over and over again I left and went to the AT&T store to make certain that the online order that had gotten cancelled was not going to be reauthorized because then I would be in the soup all over again. After calling numerous departments with AT&T, I'm now somewhat convinced that it won't happen but never the less, I'm sitting on pins and needles here.

I think this is really an embarrassment to AT&T and Apple that after 4 years now (or is it 3?), that they still can't get this right and are causing all of this drama and making their own customers suffer to fix everything that they caused. The whole thing makes me f'n sick!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

This is why I ordered through Apple. AT&T is a total dog & pony show.