Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This is my plan. Can you find a flaw?

Default This is my plan. Can you find a flaw?
    Updated:

So I'm currently on a family plan with my parents and we all have iPhones. Both my parents have 3G iPhones and I have the 3GS. We all plan on upgrading to the fourth generation iPhone. When each of us dial *639# we get the same two year agreement plus $18 upgrade fee. Now signing another two year agreement isn't a problem nor is the $18 upgrade fee. I'm worried that I'll have to trade in my 3GS or something since I've only had it for a year. I have yet to call AT&T and ask yet, but I plan to sometime soon. I really hope that I don't so I can just sell my 3GS and buy a fourth generation iPhone with the money ha.

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    You only have to turn in your iphone if you bought it within the last month or so and you want to receive credit for it towards the 4g. Otherwise you bought it. You keep it.

The $18 applies to the phone you dialed *639#. It doesn't necessarily apply to all phones. You have to text the number from all phones to see what it says. If your plan is like mine, only the main line is eligible for the early upgrade for $18 at the full discount. The other 3 iphones on my plan have to pay more, like $100 plus the $18.
    I've had my 3GS since launched so I shouldn't have a problem then I hope. I've dialed *639# on each of our phones and we all get the same message about signing another two year agreement and an $18 upgrade fee.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    $18 is upgrade fee all lines have to pay.
    Okay not a problem just good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Most of the time the main line seems to avoid the 18$ upgrade fee.
    I'll let my dad look into that since he has the main line.
    Last edited by Dub Bleezy; 2010-06-16 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Updated

Thanks

You only have to turn in your iphone if you bought it within the last month or so and you want to receive credit for it towards the 4g. Otherwise you bought it. You keep it.

The $18 applies to the phone you dialed *639#. It doesn't necessarily apply to all phones. You have to text the number from all phones to see what it says. If your plan is like mine, only the main line is eligible for the early upgrade for $18 at the full discount. The other 3 iphones on my plan have to pay more, like $100 plus the $18.

$18 is upgrade fee all lines have to pAY.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Most of the time the main line seems to avoid the 18$ upgrade fee.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]